Ideas on ignition system? (vanilla)

Hello folks! its Furseal again with a desperate cry for help (mind me being clubbed!). I am trying new piston operated engines using the blocks and tools provided with in this game without modding or changing the core. I've been working on a staggered 5 cylinder engine but I have run into a bit of a snag (and my tail had nothing to do with it. :D). The system by itself runs very smooth but it lacks the "self propelled" part which is the ignition source or better yet a better way of building a timing system that allows for the system to work with the single one time press of a button. I will provide the design with the issue and other designs that I have created that works fine/great as an example. I thank all those in advance for all the input.

Attachments

Sanpyr

spinning blocks with the steam only being let out some of the time works for me (the machine i've attatched is certainly not 5 cylinder, but it has the spinning block 'mechanism'.
honestly, something like what you're making is beyond me so any help i can give is limited

Attachments

Hey Sanpyr! I love your idea with a new approach to a piston system. I decided to take an objective look at you design and made a few modifications which I hope you like. If you have any questions or have some ideas on how to improve the designs (vanilla), then fire them at me ( and dont hold back because im a seal XD ).

ps. @Sanpyr to operate it just press "Y" key and give it a few sec to find its rhythm since its bidirectional.

Attachments

Sanpyr

that's actually super cool. Btw, two things:
1. you can set a water cannon's power to 4 in vannila by copying it from a shrapnel cannon, if you didn't know, and 2. are you using advanced building? :p