I can not install any mod.

After I download the file and open it it tells me that it does not have a program associated with it for performing this action... What can I do?

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
Which operating system are you using? Are you using the installer?

I am using Windows 8 and i can not even select what to use on your no bounds mod
i downloaded a mod from mediafire and it worked

Last edited:

ITR

Staff member
I am using Windows 8 and i can not even select what to use on your no bounds mod
i downloaded a mod from mediafire and it worked
You have to install the modloader first

ITR

Staff member
I have it.(spaar's mod loader)
Then you just put all downloaded dll's and resource folders in your "Mods" folder. Make sure not to use any not up to date mods.

Then you just put all downloaded dll's and resource folders in your "Mods" folder. Make sure not to use any not up to date mods.
I have installed mods before, but it tells me that i do not have a proggram associated with it for performing the action...

ITR

Staff member
I have installed mods before, but it tells me that i do not have a proggram associated with it for performing the action...
What action? You only have to put them there then open Besiege.

I click download then it shows me a tab at the bottom of the page that it has finished downloading and when i press open it tells me that thing with the action...
On friday or sunday I will get a screenshot of the problem because now i do not have time for that.

I click download then it shows me a tab at the bottom of the page that it has finished downloading and when i press open it tells me that thing with the action...
That's not what you need to do. All you need to do is this: go to your downloads folder, (or if you're on a mac then go to the finder folder, should be on the top) right click it (or drag it on the mods folder) click copy, then right click on the mods folder and click paste. There it's done. If it is a .zip file (or something similar) then double click it and it sound unzip in a folder with the name of the mod (ex: spaar's mod loader). I really hope I helped you because sometimes I can't explain things correctly.

That's not what you need to do. All you need to do is this: go to your downloads folder, (or if you're on a mac then go to the finder folder, should be on the top) right click it (or drag it on the mods folder) click copy, then right click on the mods folder and click paste. There it's done. If it is a .zip file (or something similar) then double click it and it sound unzip in a folder with the name of the mod (ex: spaar's mod loader). I really hope I helped you because sometimes I can't explain things correctly.
The thing is that i can not download the mod, not install it.I have installed mods before,but on every update they don't work anymore so i have to get them agian and this is the first time it has happened.I have seen on ITR's post that soeone else had the same problem but i don't understand him.

Attachments

The thing is that i can not download the mod, not install it.I have installed mods before,but on every update they don't work anymore so i have to get them agian and this is the first time it has happened.I have seen on ITR's post that soeone else had the same problem but i don't understand him.
Wait a minute, he said that something was disabled, but I don't know what. Can you pls provide me with a link of that specific post? Maybe I can help you even further.

About that disabled thing, that is because of the mod loader being set to "off" for whatever reason, I think. I had the same exact issue and all I had to do was take all the mods of from the mods folder, run the game then quit it, and then put the mods back into the mods folder. About for the "I can't download anything, it says I need a program to use it." is something that I don't know about. You have to ask ITR for more help on this issue. I hope I helped.

About that disabled thing, that is because of the mod loader being set to "off" for whatever reason, I think. I had the same exact issue and all I had to do was take all the mods of from the mods folder, run the game then quit it, and then put the mods back into the mods folder. About for the "I can't download anything, it says I need a program to use it." is something that I don't know about. You have to ask ITR for more help on this issue. I hope I helped.
Thanks, i will try that and tell you iff it worked.On friday maybe...

ITR

Staff member
You have to click the down-pointing arrow next to the file name, then choose "Open File Location"
Then just drag the file to the "Mods" folder