how to (properly) use sawblades as wheels!

Sanpyr

ok, so, to do this, you will probably need TGYD's Building Tools (link: http://forum.spiderlinggames.co.uk/...ding-tools-spaar-s-mod-loader-for-v0-45.2806/)
and the Simple Collider Displayer Mod, (link: http://forum.spiderlinggames.co.uk/index.php?threads/simple-collider-displayer-mod-0-42.5980/).
so, a lot of people use saw blades as wheels, but they jolt the vehicle, and the problem lies in the collider of the sawblade:
upload_2017-11-9_17-5-1.png

notice how much empty space there is, inbetween colliders. Now, for some things, this is good ( if you put sawblades with 0 speed on a swivel and rotate them correctly, they work as fireproof gears), but for wheels this is pretty annoying.
so, how do you fix this? easy, you just add another saw!
upload_2017-11-9_17-8-4.png

now, the saws work just as well as regular wheels (this has the same amount of 'spokes' as a small wheel, 16),
though you need something to turn it ( I like using scaled down negative water cannons, personally).
for those curious, I've attatched the machine to this post, so feel free to experiment.
p.s., I scaled one side of the wheels negatively to make them face the same way, if you are wondering how.

Attachments

Sanpyr

saw for gears? i never seen anything like that
yep, let me make a example machine, I discovered it by accident, since there is the same amount of spokes as the small gear, they can mesh together ( you might have to rotate it until the spokes aren't intersecting, though).
upload_2017-11-10_14-31-19.png

the machine is a example, I made it pretty quick so don't expect it to work perfectly:

Attachments

Last edited:

Sanpyr

also, in this new update, sawblades now have changeable acceleration (which also determines friction), so you won't need swivels to make sawblade gears.

Sanpyr

I've dicovered you can power zero-speed-sawblades with steering hinges, it does actually attatch to the sawblade as if it was a regular block.
do you mean the steering block (the square one, same color as a piston) or the steering hinge ( light gray, like the hinge)

One drawback of the wheels is that they sometimes glitch out as 2 blocks are in the same place, Fixed it by moving one saw slightly backwards and keeping track of where the attachment point from the other saw is. Another simple but to hard to think of solution!