How much longer is the game in Early Access?

I was notified on Steam that there's some multiplayer event going on for Besiege so I was reminded of its existence and its closing in on 3 years of time Early Access time. I was just wondering how long it'll be before the game is suitable for release? the Early Access header says "our initial estimate put the release between 1.5 and 2 years but due to the success of Besiege we’ve been able to greatly expand the scope of the game" which could be anywhere between a couple months to Tim Schafer levels of production where you let your ambitions get ahead of you(in their case, they had to sell the first half of the game, and then rush out a pisspoor second half)?

Also, another question is why couldn't I just post my question on the Steam forums as opposed to having to create an account on here?

Von

Administrator
Staff member
You should be able to post on the Steam forums? What is the issue?

As for your question, I'm not sure how long we plan to keep Besiege in early access at this point to be honest. We are very conscious about not overreaching with the game and ending up never releasing, and we do have a plan for what Besiege needs to have before we release it to V1.0.

The Multiverse was a huge milestone in that plan but there is more yet to come before we hit V1.0

The only threads on the Steam forums are four pinned and locked threads made by Von(so I'm guessing you). "Patch Notes", the FAQ, "How and Where to Post", and "Bug Reporting & Known Issues With Fixes".

Can you specify what you feel that the game is still missing?

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
The only threads on the Steam forums are four pinned and locked threads made by Von(so I'm guessing you). "Patch Notes", the FAQ, "How and Where to Post", and "Bug Reporting & Known Issues With Fixes".

Can you specify what you feel that the game is still missing?
You're viewing the "Important information" subforum, check the subforum list to the right to get to other users posts: