Help with profile picture

I can see it is a trend now, using modified versions of the original besiege logo as your profile picture.
I tried it, but I need help here:

How can I take the white background on my picture? I could paint it the color it will be around when it appers on the forums, but that color changes from place to place. Is that the only solution

Any special program I should use? I currently have paint.net and photoshop (not acctually mine, but I have it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

Tips? things that I should know while editing?

Any thing else I should know besides what I asked for help?

I made mine in photoshop and managed to make it transparent you have to make sure the background is transparent, then you make it 100 x 100 pixels in size. If I make it bigger the background turns white, Not sure why maybe its the size of the logo in the top corner? I saved it as a .png

More people need to see this.
It's a pretty cool idea. Imagine that:
The whole forum covered in besiege-themed profile pictures, and each person with it's own signature on it.
It is indeed a pretty cool idea.

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
Yeah, not sure why people didn't start doing before now

ITR

Staff member
I just used the one from the banner above the forum :/

ITR

Staff member
Spirit Of Nature said:
Looks like someone flagged my guide thread, dunno what they did but i can't see to access it
I'm gonna contact Von for help
Can you link to it?

ITR

Staff member
That's weird, it doesn't appear like the other one did (the one that the forum itself decided to show as deleted and appeared again later). You could wait some days and see if it reappears, then try to make it again.