[GNU/Linux] Cannot interact with user interface

#1
Whenever I try to click anywhere on the user interface in the starting screen (such as "options" or the little planet you're supposed to click on to play), it only interacts with whatever is behind the Besiege window. Mousing over the interface does give the appropiate response, but left- or rightclicking does not work. As a result of this I cannot play the game.

Operating system:
Arch Linux with the x86_64 Linux 3.18.6-1-ARCH kernel.
Using the GNOME desktop enviroment with X.org.

System specs:
AMD FX-8320 eight-core @ 3.5 GHz.
AMD Radeon HD 7950.
4Gib RAM.

Game version:
Besiege 0.04.

How to reproduce:
Start game & click anywhere.

I have not found an output_log anywhere in the Besiege_Data directory.

I suspect that if I could change the resolution and put it in a window with a border it might work better, but I can't get to the options and I can't find the config file.
 

spaar

Active Member
#2
That's weird, I run the same kernel and environment and it runs just fine. Only difference is the hardware but that should rarely influence something like that, should it ?
Also, regarding the output_log, take a look if you have this file: $HOME/.config/unity3d/Spiderling Games/Besiege/Player.log. For some reason the output_log file isn't created on Linux, but that file contains mostly the same information.
 
#3
spaar said:
That's weird, I run the same kernel and environment and it runs just fine. Only difference is the hardware but that should rarely influence something like that, should it ?
Thanks for your reply! The game does properly work when I run GNOME with Wayland and I just played the game for a bit without any issues. I'd check with X in windowed mode but I don't have time to do that right now.

I have a multimonitor setup, maybe that is why it was acting weird.
 

spaar

Active Member
#4
chukonu said:
Thanks for your reply! The game does properly work when I run GNOME with Wayland and I just played the game for a bit without any issues. I'd check with X in windowed mode but I don't have time to do that right now.

I have a multimonitor setup, maybe that is why it was acting weird.
Yeah, multiple monitors can cause trouble. I plan to get a second one again evenutally as well, hope nothing breaks ;) If you get a chance to test it let us know how it worked out.
 
#5
spaar said:
Yeah, multiple monitors can cause trouble. I plan to get a second one again evenutally as well, hope nothing breaks ;) If you get a chance to test it let us know how it worked out.
I have three, 99% of the times it works well but games tend to have a problem with it sometimes.

Either way, it is fixed now. If there's a user out there with a similar problem: Try to make it run in a window with a border. I got it working with Wayland, changed the settings, switched back to X.
 
Top