Gearflip Mod [Spaar`s Modloader]

Several times, people have complained that you can't mesh gears together when the gears are facing in opposite directions. Well, now you can!

This mod uses the Flip function already implemented in the game.
Press F over unpowered gears to "flip" them (actually rotating them by a the same amount as a tooth). For powered gears, you must double-tap F.
If you need to place a gear into a position where it needs to be flipped, flip the gears that would directly mesh with it, then place it, then flip it and flip the other gears back.

Attached Files
Gearflip.dll

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
So do you have to flip them after they're placed, or before, or do either work?

EDIT: wait, just realized that might have been a stupid question

ITR

Staff member
Waffleking74 said:
Is there a mod out there to make cannons point in the right direction? They really get on my nerves.
What do you mean right direction? You know you can rotate stuff with 'R', right?

Small update to fix a mostly-harmless bug where, if you deleted your machine or loaded a new machine, then the mod would spam the console/debug log with an error or three for each gear in the old machine. Not a big deal if you don't use the console frequently.

ITR

Staff member
which directions is "right"? Do you mean you want them to stand like flamethrowers? They don't have any connection points on the back, so that wouldn't help much, unless the mod added that too.

This mod no longer seems to work with the latest version of Spaar's Mod Loader, I get this:
Code:
Non platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Besiege\Besiege_Data\Mods\SpaarModLoader.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Besiege\Besiege_Data\Managed\System.dll (this message is harmless)
Trying to load Gearflip.dll

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

Non platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Besiege\Besiege_Data\Mods\Gearflip.dll (this message is harmless)
Gearflip.dll contains no implementation of Mod. Trying fallback system.

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

Fallback system failed too. Skipping.
in my output_log

It hasn't been updated :p. StellHex has been inactive for a while so I doubt it'll be updated, although spaar is most likely going to add support for old modloader mods, so you can probably wait for the next version of the new modloader.

ITR

Staff member
Didn't he change that he probably would _not_ have support for older mods?