FORUM IS BACK!

Can someone tell me with more details what happened to the forum and how it was solved?
Also, let's celebrate the fact that the FORUM IS BACK! \o/

From what I saw, it looked like the forum was hit pretty hard by a bunch of spam bots. It's likely the bots were posting too many messages too quickly for the host to handle, thus the site crashed.
Plus, based on seeing little errors like this "Notice: Undefined index: l8fd0 in ...\vb\library\node.php on line 1 " scattered around the site, I'm also guessing that the forum's base files may have been slightly corrupted.

Either way, glad to see the forum is back though!

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
Lord Marzog said:
From what I saw, it looked like the forum was hit pretty hard by a bunch of spam bots. It's likely the bots were posting too many messages too quickly for the host to handle, thus the site crashed.
The spammer posted less than usual, from what I saw, it's just that we couldn't delete it while the forum wasn't working :p
And it seems to be one person manually creating all the accounts + posting the spam, and not somebody using a bot for some reason.

The spammer posted less than usual, from what I saw, it's just that we couldn't delete it while the forum wasn't working :p
And it seems to be one person manually creating all the accounts + posting the spam, and not somebody using a bot for some reason.
That guy gotta be a fast clicker XD