Flickering Cursor

My cursor is constanly flickering even with the game running in the background. Exiting the game returns the cursor to normal.
CPU: Core i7-5820K
GPU: GTX 980
GPU Driver Version: 352.21

spaar

TriforceOfKirby said:
My cursor is constanly flickering even with the game running in the background. Exiting the game returns the cursor to normal.
CPU: Core i7-5820K
GPU: GTX 980
GPU Driver Version: 352.21
Are you using the NVIDIA drivers or the open-source ones?
Also, can you post output_log.txt from the Besiege_Data directory? I'm not particularly hopeful it will be helpful here but you never know.
Unfortunately I don't have a Ubuntu installed right now and everything's fine on my Arch machine but I might try reproducing it in a VM if I have the time. Though I'm not sure if I'll be able to since it may very well be caused by your specifc setup... we'll see.

spaar

Good to know that's a common issue, though I don't think your second link is particularly relevant, at least I interpreted this bug as being about the mouse cursor, not the blinking keyboard cursor.

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
Ah, I just googled "Cursor", and hoped it would be the correct kind

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
Second link actually is the only one I didn't bother reading

I had heard that Unity recently released a version that fixes a lot of its graphical issues on Linux--although I suppose that it would be Unity 5, so...
(EDIT: forgot which version unity was on and said 6 instead of 5; i have corrected this)

yo stellhex do you think unity 5 will bring drastic performance improvements to the game? they wanted to upgrade long ago but von said something about there being technical difficulties. whats ur take on that?

spaar

Oops, you're right, I always forget (probably because it's mentioned nowhere....) that it's ~/.config/unity3d/Spiderling Games/Besiege/Player.log on Linux (path may not be 100% correct, I'm typing this from memory).

Mumon, there is a very specific bug in Unity 5 with a kind of Joint that besiege uses. The devs are helpless until the Unity crew fixes it.

spaar

Just wanted to point this out: Unity 5, not 6. 6 is not even close to being released, 5.4 is planned for Mar 16, 2016.

Ok so the following actually works:
Code:
gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.cursor active false
Just had to relog afterwards and the cursor no longer flickers.