Exploding Cannonball And Arrow Aftereffect Mod[V0.45a][V0.4.0]

Lench

Wang, I was messing with visual studio, and i oppend the building tools mod, but it was all jiberish, how do i edit .ddl files from other modders?
.dll files are compiled code. Editing them would require decompiling, which produces very unreadable code. Instead, go to the mod's GitHub page and download the source code (mod.cs).

Then, you can use this mod template for visual studio: http://forum.spiderlinggames.co.uk/...paar-s-mod-loader-1-x-x-mod-development.2027/
Follow the instructions on this page to set up your environment. Then create a new project and paste the code in there.

You can see the mod loader's documentation here for it's various api's.
Also check out the modding resources forum page.

.dll files are compiled code. Editing them would require decompiling, which produces very unreadable code. Instead, go to the mod's GitHub page and download the source code (mod.cs).

Then, you can use this mod template for visual studio: http://forum.spiderlinggames.co.uk/...paar-s-mod-loader-1-x-x-mod-development.2027/
Follow the instructions on this page to set up your environment. Then create a new project and paste the code in there.

You can see the mod loader's documentation here for it's various api's.
Also check out the modding resources forum page.
I think he wants the code of btt (´・ω・`)

There is some bug when I try to fire during high speed movement of creation.

maybe cannon ball explodes because it crash with cannon.

p.s thx for the mod!

There is this is a very interesting bug I spotted.

On the firework explosion if, after the initial explosion, you press T, the invisible rocket will ignite again and make a second explosion. This does not happen with the bomb one and the grenade one.

Note the second explosion in the last image.

20160713174331_1.jpg 20160713174336_1.jpg 20160713174420_1.jpg

Also in the first explosion the sound is not working but on the second it does.

Last edited:

pig005

Epic Mod! ... But seriously, we need individual keymapper setting for each cannons. Like making a cannon shoot exploding cannonball and another one shooting non-exploding one.
Would be great when creating vehicles
(Powerful tank cannon and weak, rapid-firing machineguns).

Last edited:

Lench

Hard....
for me to do that...
maybe @Lench has good ideas?
The problem is in figuring out which cannon ball came from which cannon. Right now the mod just attaches the same script to every cannon ball. Too bad iterator blocks (coroutines) cannot be properly decompiled.

Edit: Actually, `Transform boltObject` seems to be the thing we need. Now just to intercept Shoot() method calls.

Better d be adding new cannon so you have normal cannon and exploading cannon- you wont need "keymaping" in it.
That is actually a great idea.

Last edited:

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
Can't you just add a script to the prefab of the cannonball? Or is that global?

Any chance we could get a recoil slider?
I sorely miss that part of the mod :(

It would be nice to have a true shooting cannon that doesn't make my machine do a triple backflip and implode.

Any chance we could get a recoil slider?
I sorely miss that part of the mod :(

It would be nice to have a true shooting cannon that doesn't make my machine do a triple backflip and implode.
Then you should modify your machine :S because there are already machines mounted 100* power cannon without moving too much when shooting

Then you should modify your machine :S because there are already machines mounted 100* power cannon without moving too much when shooting
Best I can manage is 7.5, further than that and parts just break, or the cannon just detaches from whatever its attached to, even a grabber.
Especially so when it's on a rotating turret.

I don't use invincibility.