Enhanced Camera Mod 1.2.1 [Besiege v0.35] [spaar's Mod Loader]

Discussion in 'Besiege: Modding' started by spaar, Dec 12, 2015.

1. spaar

spaar Member

[​IMG]

This mod extends the camera to allow you more control over its movements.

Features
    • Remappable camera controls (press Ctrl+J)
      • This also allows you to map them to something different to WASD and use those to control your machine!
    • Allows up&down movement of the camera via the keyboard
    • Allows changing the movement speed of the camera - both of the keyboard controls and the zoom speed
    • Allows changing the FOV with a simple slider or text box
    Installation
    Just drop the .dll into your Mods folder.

Camera Speed Control
    Camera Speed Control is a previous mod of mine. This mod includes all its features and more so it makes the old one obsolete. If you currently have it installed, I recommend removing it before installing this one as they may conflict.

Source Code and License
    This mod is open-source and licensed under the MIT license. The full text of the license and the source code can be found on Github.

That's it really. It's a simple mod but can in my experience be quite useful, especially to position the camera for pretty screenshots. I hope you enjoy it! If there are any questions or problems, don't hesitate to ask me here.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
  2. spaar

spaar Member

Von : When you get around to adding this to the mod list, it's probably better to use this image instead of the full one above.

3. MaxTCC

MaxTCC Member

I feel like this should be implemented into the game, but being a mod, I congratulate you for your great work, spaar! :D

4. Shade

Shade Active Member

THANK YOU!
    Now I don't have to create a fast vehicle just for a fast moving camera

5. krowanek

krowanek Member

Oh, this is so great :D Thx Spaar for this mod :) Keymapper works perfect

6. spaar

spaar Member

Hey Von, just wanted to let you know that as far as I know, this mod works perfectly fine on v0.23 so it'd be nice if you could update that in the master list. The mod also still doesn't seem to be present on the mod pages.

7. spaar

spaar Member

Released a new version, 1.1.0! This makes the mod compatible with Besiege v0.25.

8. Shade

Shade Active Member

Thanks for the update!

9. Shade

Shade Active Member

Hi spaar, can you add an FOV slider?
    That would be easier than accessing object Explorer every time I start a simulation

10. spaar

spaar Member

Just released version 1.2.0!
    It contains a new FOV slider in the camera menu (opened using Left Alt + C by default), as requested by Shade.

11. Shade

Shade Active Member

THAT was fast! :eek:
    Thank you very much!

12. spaar

spaar Member

Just wanted to quickly note that this mod works with Besiege v0.3 as is, no update required.

13. spaar

spaar Member

Updated for Besiege v0.32.

14. Shade

Shade Active Member

Hi spaar, can you add a function to defocus an object? A hotkey would be great.
    Sometimes when I don't want the camera to follow my machine, I have to click random ground object, move it upward back to where I want, then find where my machine is. But that would make the DOF screwed.

15. spaar

spaar Member

So you'd want the camera to just stay where it is upon pressing the hotkey until you focus something else? Or did I misunderstand that?

16. Shade

Shade Active Member

Yes, that is what I mean, and the camera is still moveable with camera or WASD key

There's a bug in besiege where if your deleted a block the camera is focused on, sometimes it won't switch focus to machine COM so when the machine is moving, it just stay where it is.
    This bug is hard to execute and unreliable, so i hope you can add the feature :)

17. Shade

Shade Active Member

18. spaar

spaar Member

Alright, I can't promise anything but I'll look into it.

19. Shade

Shade Active Member

Hi spaar, can you modify smooth camera angle speed when dragging with mouse relative to the in-game timescale?
    Like when how you try to move the camera when in camera block.

I would love that as a toggleable feature.

20. KrautregenXD

KrautregenXD Member

uh I love this mod!
    Very helpful!