Enhanced Camera Mod 1.2.1 [Besiege v0.35] [spaar's Mod Loader]

This mod extends the camera to allow you more control over its movements.

Features
  • Remappable camera controls (press Ctrl+J)
    • This also allows you to map them to something different to WASD and use those to control your machine!
  • Allows up&down movement of the camera via the keyboard
  • Allows changing the movement speed of the camera - both of the keyboard controls and the zoom speed
  • Allows changing the FOV with a simple slider or text box
Installation
Just drop the .dll into your Mods folder.

Camera Speed Control
Camera Speed Control is a previous mod of mine. This mod includes all its features and more so it makes the old one obsolete. If you currently have it installed, I recommend removing it before installing this one as they may conflict.

Source Code and License
This mod is open-source and licensed under the MIT license. The full text of the license and the source code can be found on Github.

That's it really. It's a simple mod but can in my experience be quite useful, especially to position the camera for pretty screenshots. I hope you enjoy it! If there are any questions or problems, don't hesitate to ask me here.

Attachments

Last edited:
Hey Von, just wanted to let you know that as far as I know, this mod works perfectly fine on v0.23 so it'd be nice if you could update that in the master list. The mod also still doesn't seem to be present on the mod pages.

Shade

Hi spaar, can you add an FOV slider?
That would be easier than accessing object Explorer every time I start a simulation

Shade

Hi spaar, can you add a function to defocus an object? A hotkey would be great.
Sometimes when I don't want the camera to follow my machine, I have to click random ground object, move it upward back to where I want, then find where my machine is. But that would make the DOF screwed.

Hi spaar, can you add a function to defocus an object? A hotkey would be great.
Sometimes when I don't want the camera to follow my machine, I have to click random ground object, move it upward back to where I want, then find where my machine is. But that would make the DOF screwed.
So you'd want the camera to just stay where it is upon pressing the hotkey until you focus something else? Or did I misunderstand that?

Shade

So you'd want the camera to just stay where it is upon pressing the hotkey until you focus something else? Or did I misunderstand that?
Yes, that is what I mean, and the camera is still moveable with camera or WASD key

There's a bug in besiege where if your deleted a block the camera is focused on, sometimes it won't switch focus to machine COM so when the machine is moving, it just stay where it is.
This bug is hard to execute and unreliable, so i hope you can add the feature :)

Yes, that is what I mean, and the camera is still moveable with camera or WASD key

There's a bug in besiege where if your deleted a block the camera is focused on, sometimes it won't switch focus to machine COM so when the machine is moving, it just stay where it is.
This bug is hard to execute and unreliable, so i hope you can add the feature :)
Alright, I can't promise anything but I'll look into it.

Shade

Hi spaar, can you modify smooth camera angle speed when dragging with mouse relative to the in-game timescale?
Like when how you try to move the camera when in camera block.

I would love that as a toggleable feature.