Editor+ Mod (Formerly Selection Mover Mod) [Spaar`s Modloader]

What is the point of this mod? It doesn't do anything! I press Ctrl + Q to bring up the 'arrows' and now what? I can't edit anything!!! I want to change the colour or something but no nothing happens...Once again mod creators forget to explain how to use the mod. (Happened with the creator that made the water mod)

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
Sir_HoneyBadger said:
What is the point of this mod? It doesn't do anything! I press Ctrl + Q to bring up the 'arrows' and now what? I can't edit anything!!! I want to change the colour or something but no nothing happens...Once again mod creators forget to explain how to use the mod. (Happened with the creator that made the water mod)
in terms of water mod, it was possible to type "help watermod" into the console, + "help [command]" to get help :p (unless you're talking about watermod2)
That said, I think coloring doesn't work in the current update, but other than that there is a "usage" section on his post that explains how to use it:
Usage:
Press Ctrl-Q when hovering over a block to select it
Press Ctrl while hovering over a direction to move the selected blocks in the direction
Press Ctrl over the center sphere to clear your selection.
Use the slider to adjust how much your selection moves
Press ctrl c to duplicate your selection, then move it around like you normally would!
Press ctrl a to select all the blocks
Click on the pos1 button to store a position at the camera, and then click pos2 somewhere else, and all the blocks between those two points will be selected.
Click on the rotate to enable rotation.
Press Delete to delete your selection (Be careful not to delete your starting block)
, but I'm guessing these don't work? In that case it seems to rather be the result of a bug, instead of not being explained. (except rotation, which seems kinda lacking in it's explanation)

I can't get the pos1 & 2 thingy to work anymore, is anyone else having this prob? Also is there anyway to move the arrows to a new position manually when copying & then rotating? The only way I can currently do this is to toggle the arrow position using ctrl+c. This produces and additional set of unwanted blocks which I then have to delete!

I use this solution to make the arrows move to the proper position:
1. Select and copy the blocks that you need.
2. Then you must to put a new block in the position where the arrows should be (center pos.).
3. Add (mark) new block to the selection... the arrows should appear in the right position.
4. Rotate copied blocks and delete the one you added.
*5. Repeat if needed :).

FYI.: The arrows always move to the last added block so make sure that you first copy the blocks and then add new on and mark it.

If needed i can make small tutorial for you ;).

FrizB said:
I can't get the pos1 & 2 thingy to work anymore, is anyone else having this prob? Also is there anyway to move the arrows to a new position manually when copying & then rotating? The only way I can currently do this is to toggle the arrow position using ctrl+c. This produces and additional set of unwanted blocks which I then have to delete!
I use this solution to make the arrows move to the proper position:
1. Select and copy the blocks that you need.
2. Then you must to put a new block in the position where the arrows should be (center pos.).
3. Add (ctrl+q) new block to the selection... the arrows should appear in the right position.
4. Rotate copied blocks and delete the one you added.
*5. Repeat if needed :).

FYI.: The arrows always move to the last added block so make sure that you first copy the blocks and then add new on and mark it.

If needed i can make small tutorial for you ;).

I'm not a big fan of console so i never use 'pos1 & pos2' but I will check it for you. My big wish and perfect solution will be something easy to use... just like 'RTS style drag selection box'.

15.11.15 - Could someone explain me how the RGB function work? Thanks in advance!

25.11.15 - TesseractCat could you add something like "Reverse Selection" function to your mod? Unfortunately I've placed a very short 'brace blocks' into my machine and now I can't select it. :confused:

Bit of a problem here, I've made 100% sure that I have the newest mod loader and Editor+, but when I start up Besiege the console says that Editor+ is not targeted for current version, that being 0.2. Now everything works fine, well, I cant get colors to work but I don't care for that anyways, the problem is when I use if for a while, which I do to put blocks in in the right spot, the FPS drops rapidly while in building mode after a while, making it all the way to 13ish FPS which makes it really hard to build anything. Whats weird is that the FPS goes right back up to 60 when I go into simulation, then back down when I return to building. I've validated my files with steam, re-downloaded the mod loader and Editor+ but nothing is working, any ideas how I can fix this or is this just something I cant fix?

Console log.
> Loaded mods
Trying to load EditorPlus.dll
Editor+ Mod (0.8) by TesseractCat was loaded!
Trying to load NoBounds.dll
NoBounds (1.0) by ITR was loaded!
Trying to load RotateCameraMod.dll
KeepCameraRotation (7.0.0) by ITR was loaded!
> Editor+ Mod is not targeted at the current Besiege version. Unexpected behaviour may occur.
> Activated mods
Activated spaar's Mod Loader (1.0.1) by spaar
Activated Editor+ Mod (0.8) by TesseractCat
Activated NoBounds (1.0) by ITR
Activated KeepCameraRotation (7.0.0) by ITR

P.S. It was working fine for a while, then it started dropping the FPS, that was right after I reinstalled it. I'd rather not have to reinstall Editor+ every time I get this problem, but restarting will fix it for a little.

I'll try out the FPS Fix mod, thanks in advance if it works! Also it would be nice to be able to set the point of turning, like when you are angling something that's three blocks long, but its the last block its turning on and it all gets out of place and you have to move it all. Not really much of a problem, but annoying and time consuming. Maybe the first block you click is the one that the white arrow stay on?

I'm not sure if FPS Fix mod would work here. As far as I know it's well known issue for Editor+. Game restart when fps drops works for me. Since TesseractCat can't spend much time for modding now, not much can be done with it.