Easy Scale Mod [Besiege v0.45 - v0.60+]

I get what you mean about the symmetry thing, but surely it's trivial to check whether something is in the same place or not? You could even build in a variable threshold/tolerance - if something is within e.g. 0.001 units of where a symmetric counterpart should be, it's probably intended to be a symmetric counterpart (user could change this value if they really wanted to)...plus, obviously you check the type of block as well to ensure that scaling a ballast on one side doesn't scale a wheel on the other etc...

If multiple objects occupy the same space, then you either choose the one that matches position, rotation etc most closely, or throw a messagebox at the user saying it's not possible (and why). That's an edge case, anyway.

Lench

I get what you mean about the symmetry thing, but surely it's trivial to check whether something is in the same place or not? You could even build in a variable threshold/tolerance - if something is within e.g. 0.001 units of where a symmetric counterpart should be, it's probably intended to be a symmetric counterpart (user could change this value if they really wanted to)...plus, obviously you check the type of block as well to ensure that scaling a ballast on one side doesn't scale a wheel on the other etc...

If multiple objects occupy the same space, then you either choose the one that matches position, rotation etc most closely, or throw a messagebox at the user saying it's not possible (and why). That's an edge case, anyway.
I guess. I'll see what I can do.

Also, not sure if it's this mod or another one that caused this, but I recently had a bug where the attachment points for scaled blocks weren't correct (they seemed to be in their pre-scaled position, so you end up accidentally placing blocks within blocks (if you scaled the block up), or with gaps (if you scaled the block down). Sometimes things work fine, sometimes they don't.

In the console, I remember seeing Unity complaining about a box collider not being able to have a negative scale...pretty sure I've never even tried to give anything a negative scale. Again, not sure if that message was from this mod or something else.

Oh and +1 on the tab key thing, that's really annoying. It would also be good if there was some way of indicating which axis is which on the block (maybe a gizmo on the block labelled X, Y, and Z, for example...or just an arrow gizmo that appears depending on which axis box the cursor is in?) - I seem to spend a lot of time trying each axis (and resetting it) to find out which one I want to scale.

Lench

Also, not sure if it's this mod or another one that caused this, but I recently had a bug where the attachment points for scaled blocks weren't correct (they seemed to be in their pre-scaled position, so you end up accidentally placing blocks within blocks (if you scaled the block up), or with gaps (if you scaled the block down). Sometimes things work fine, sometimes they don't.

In the console, I remember seeing Unity complaining about a box collider not being able to have a negative scale...pretty sure I've never even tried to give anything a negative scale. Again, not sure if that message was from this mod or something else.

Oh and +1 on the tab key thing, that's really annoying. It would also be good if there was some way of indicating which axis is which on the block (maybe a gizmo on the block labelled X, Y, and Z, for example...or just an arrow gizmo that appears depending on which axis box the cursor is in?) - I seem to spend a lot of time trying each axis (and resetting it) to find out which one I want to scale.
I don't recall the exact reason, but because of the way game works scaling blocks tends to do something to the joints. Nothing I can fix unfortunately.
The box collider error appears to be something regarding the game UI and was caused by updating the Unity Engine. Definitely nothing to do with my mod, as it doesn't use any colliders.

Opens planned features list and enters "gizmo".

Hopefully I will be able to override tab functionality with my new planned features. Right now that would be tricky, as I'm just using the game's built-in block sliders.

Just a thought: how about combining this with TGYD's Building Tools? Then we'd have Scale, Rotate, and Translate all in one handy package; plus he has gizmos and selection etc already implemented...

Lench

Just a thought: how about combining this with TGYD's Building Tools? Then we'd have Scale, Rotate, and Translate all in one handy package; plus he has gizmos and selection etc already implemented...
I am pretty sure TGYD would be against that. He explicitly said he doesn't want to support scaling in his mod.

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
How do I access the slider tab?
It's not showing up at all and there doesn't seem to be a button.
Are you sure you installed it correctly?

can you find a way to scale the collision model the same way as the material model? I warped the fireball into a pancake and it still rolled along its flat side.

Also the connection points for attaching new blocks dont scale down either alongside the whole block, wondering if that is possible too