Easy Scale Mod [Besiege v0.45 - v0.60+]

Ive found a bug recently. when combined with TGYD's building tools and PBP2 when dublicating a block it will return to its main value (1/1/1) this is caused by easy scale because when disabling the mod this issue does not occur

Ive found a bug recently. when combined with TGYD's building tools and PBP2 when dublicating a block it will return to its main value (1/1/1) this is caused by easy scale because when disabling the mod this issue does not occur
if you are using easy scale mod you shouldnt need pbp2 anymore, easy scale mod does it easier, and you can use BT to move blocks like pbp2
hope this helped :)

Lench

This is weird. Duplicating works for me fine and I cannot manage to recreate the bug. Are there any specific blocks this happens to, or all of them?

its awesome!
but...
the linkage fix doesnt work for winches and contractble springs...
also it needs an x,y,z for braces so i can make pitch black flat stuff (eg:this buggys roof http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=700293492&searchtext=buggy)
At the moment braces only have thickness and linkage-fix in order to make them look nice. When scaling braces on each axis separately (like with PBP2), they tend to stop looking like braces, so I disabled that on purpose. Apparently people actually scale braces that way, so I guess I'll need to enable it anyway.
I'm aware that linkage fix doesn't work on springs and ropes. I decided to keep the controls there anyway because I intend to fix it in the future.

That being said, this mod wasn't originally even intended to be released. I was only playing around with adding sliders to the game and got this. Sliders are definitely not the optimal tool for scaling.
The feedback from people who saw the gif above persuaded me to do it. Seeing how much you guys like it (430 downloads in less than 3 days), I will continue my work on it and hope to bring you a proper scaling mod.
I got some great changes planned, but I'm not yet certain if they're possible. The next release will take some time, meanwhile you can always resort to the mods you used for scaling before this. :)

That being said, this mod wasn't originally even intended to be released. I was only playing around with adding sliders to the game and got this. Sliders are definitely not the optimal tool for scaling.
The feedback from people who saw the gif above persuaded me to do it. Seeing how much you guys like it (430 downloads in less than 3 days), I will continue my work on it and hope to bring you a proper scaling mod.
I got some great changes planned, but I'm not yet certain if they're possible. The next release will take some time, meanwhile you can always resort to the mods you used for scaling before this. :)
i apreceat your work :D

i can wait...
but not for long.....

Lench

Small update (v1.1.1) for bugfixes and some minor improvements:
  • Copy-pasting now works on all blocks
  • Reset button now works on all blocks (BlockMapper seems to be having issues with registering the click sometimes)
  • Braces can be scaled independently on each axis
  • Holding down left-shift will move the slider by 0.1 instead of 0.01
  • Holding down left-control will move all scale sliders together

Shade

• Reset button now works on all blocks (BlockMapper seems to be having issues with registering the click sometimes)
Nice improvements! Thanks for the update
I have some suggestion for the:
Holding down left-shift will move the slider by 0.1 instead of 0.01
How about make it also snap into 0.25 and 0.75? Because that's what most people usually use.
So it will move like 0.1, 0.2, 0.25, 0.3, 0.4 etc

I'm not sure how to get this mod to work. I already have one working mod in my game already, but this mod isn't a .dll file. I've put the mod in the folder but it doesn't work. Can someone help me get this working?

Lench

I'm not sure how to get this mod to work. I already have one working mod in my game already, but this mod isn't a .dll file. I've put the mod in the folder but it doesn't work. Can someone help me get this working?
Sure it is. It's EasyScale.dll
Just click the big download link and put it in mods folder.

I think you clicked the GitHub link which takes you to it's source code.

"Copy-pasting now works on all blocks" + "Holding down left-control will move all scale sliders together"
= pasting with left ctrl + V messes up the scale
It is a huge problem.

Lench

Patch v1.1.2
  • Key bindings changed and moved to mod loader API (move all sliders is now on Z by default, change it with Ctrl+J)
  • Fixed bug with scaling springs and ropes
  • Fixed bug where new sliders were sometimes not properly shown on just duplicated blocks
How about make it also snap into 0.25 and 0.75? Because that's what most people usually use.
So it will move like 0.1, 0.2, 0.25, 0.3, 0.4 etc
  • Slider values now snap to 0.25 and 0.75 when holding down LeftShift (default).

i had a small idea just now xD
the "tags" that show at the top? they say "easy> mod> scale> scaling>" you should put them in this order instead: "easy> scale> mod> scaling>"
that way it matches up with the mods title :p

Lench

i had a small idea just now xD
the "tags" that show at the top? they say "easy> mod> scale> scaling>" you should put them in this order instead: "easy> scale> mod> scaling>"
that way it matches up with the mods title :p
They get ordered lexicographically automagically.
Also automagically is now my favorite word.
Also shitpost. I'm sure someone watching the thread will now unwatch it.

Would it be possible to include an option to select the entire machine and scale all the blocks at the same time while keeping them all connected?

Lench

Would it be possible to include an option to select the entire machine and scale all the blocks at the same time while keeping them all connected?
This is possible and fairly easy, but would require some new user interface to do this. I'm trying to keep this mod as minimalistic as possible. Maybe through console commands.

Hi, in case you might miss my post,
Would you mind overriding the behaviour when pressing TAB?
I would personally like it to highlight the next text field to enter the scale instead of toggle the entire interface on/off.