Don`t like the Automatic mode

#1
I hope the “automatic mode” of wheel and gear can be set like a switch rather keep spinning

With current setting which is it will keep spinning to the clockwise direction once start, we can't really take any advantage of this new feature.
I hope you guys can change it to toggle mode just like piston, For example when I hit up, it will keep spinning in clockwise direction until I hit up again or until I hit down (default keys).
That will be far more useful that this automatic mood.

The reasons are:

First: if I want a block to spin at one direction once I start, I can use spin block and the saw. the function is repeated.

Second: set it to toggle, like a switch can let us keep a machine running with out keep pressing a key as well as we can turn it off with one push of a bottom.

Third: set it to switch can also let us build something that have different speed with out endure the pain of hold a lot of bottom at the same time.


Thank you very much for read my suggestion.
Hope you have a good evening.
 

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
#2
STantian said:
I hope the “automatic mode” of wheel and gear can be set like a switch rather keep spinning

With current setting which is it will keep spinning to the clockwise direction once start, we can't really take any advantage of this new feature.
I hope you guys can change it to toggle mode just like piston, For example when I hit up, it will keep spinning in clockwise direction until I hit up again or until I hit down (default keys).
That will be far more useful that this automatic mood.

The reasons are:

First: if I want a block to spin at one direction once I start, I can use spin block and the saw. the function is repeated.

Second: set it to toggle, like a switch can let us keep a machine running with out keep pressing a key as well as we can turn it off with one push of a bottom.

Third: set it to switch can also let us build something that have different speed with out endure the pain of hold a lot of bottom at the same time.


Thank you very much for read my suggestion.
Hope you have a good evening.
Check out the ToggleMore mod! (still 0.04, wait for it to be updated)
It should do exactly what you want except the third thing.
 
#3
OP is right, it should be toggled.

Also some machines when I load them in this patch they autostart when they werent set to automatic (they couldnt in last patch). Pretty annoying.
 
#4
ITR said:
Check out the ToggleMore mod! (still 0.04, wait for it to be updated)
It should do exactly what you want except the third thing.
Nope , it's not gana work.
They changed it.
when you set toggle TRUE to an wheel, that is automatic.
In another word, there are two Boolean value for each block: Fliped and toggled. They didn't separate Automatic from toggle, they using the same value.
So save it.. man ... we need to wait they take this advice update, or just use QuickMacro
 

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
#5
STantian said:
Nope , it's not gana work.
They changed it.
when you set toggle TRUE to an wheel, that is automatic.
In another word, there are two Boolean value for each block: Fliped and toggled. They didn't separate Automatic from toggle, they using the same value.
So save it.. man ... we need to wait they take this advice update, or just use QuickMacro
Well, the toggle-mod also uses the same boolean, so I guess it's even less work than I thought :p
 

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
#6
Okay, the mod is updated. As far as I have tested, it should work.
 

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
#8
STantian said:
But that won't solve the problem...
can't turn the spinning on and off
:(
You can't? Which block did you try it on? Maybe I uploaded the wrong file or something :/
 
#9
ITR said:
You can't? Which block did you try it on? Maybe I uploaded the wrong file or something :/

I mean , yes it can be set to "toggle" But the game won't recognize it as a toggle instead of "Automatic" since they are the same boolean.
 
#11
Yeah I would prefer a toggle on/off in vanilla

behavior:

press forward once, stays going forward
press forward again to stop

press backwards once, stays going backwards
press backwards again to stop

press the opposite direction while running to change direction
 
#12
OldVamp said:
Yeah I would prefer a toggle on/off in vanilla

behavior:

press forward once, stays going forward
press forward again to stop

press backwards once, stays going backwards
press backwards again to stop

press the opposite direction while running to change direction

Exactly!
 

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
#13
Hmm, the toggle mode (in my mod) currently is set to opposite direction makes it stop, then again to start, but I guess I could change that.
I'm a bit busy this week though, so it might take some time
 
#14
ITR said:
Hmm, the toggle mode (in my mod) currently is set to opposite direction makes it stop, then again to start, but I guess I could change that.
I'm a bit busy this week though, so it might take some time

Don't mean to rush you, but I really want the precision building right now...:p
 
Top