DJI Inspire 1 concept

Hey all!
I'm going away for a bit, I want to leave you something before I head off!
The DJI Inspire 1 fascinates me, much like all drones to be honest.
I have attempted to mimic its mid-air 'transformation' in Besiege, which has turned out better than expected.
This obviously isn't for looks, I just wanted to see if I can make the props move.
It isn't the smoothest flier I have made, but it is just a concept after all. I probably will not expand on it further though.

CONTROLS:

up/down: vertical movement
left/right: yaw movement
[8]/[2]: pitch movement
[4]/[6]: roll movement
right ALT/right CTRL: adjust propeller height (ALT for landing, CTRL for flight)

Attached Files
AdjustableRotor.bsg

Not sure if just a bug on my phone but I can't see this on the flying machines thread... Shameless bump just in case... Sorry guys XD

Looks sweet, and fun to mess with. Crashes constantly. I find it really unstable, it consistently crashes into the castle & knights in sandbox . How's it run on your comp?

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
TheGusGus42 said:
Not sure if just a bug on my phone but I can't see this on the flying machines thread... Shameless bump just in case... Sorry guys XD
Oh, yeah, sometimes the forum puts new threads at the end of the subforum for some reason.

I'll try stabilise it when I get home in a week or so. I guess I found it 'partly' stable because I was used to it. I think it runs smoother in invincibility but I'm not sure. If you guys can improve on it be my guest. :D

Alright I'm back... but I cant find any issues with stability... it runs perfectly on my computer... in both invincible and non-invincible... neil_v TekmastR on my computer it doesn't need stabilizing, maybe one of you two could do it for me please? as I can't identify the issue? When I find the time I will post a video of it flying maybe....

In regards to the video, I can't make it. While I was gone I think my computer had a heart attack or something, it lags like crazy when I try to record.