Core block deletion and placement

One feature that I believe is missing from this game as a purely vanilla builder is the ability to move, delete or replace the core block. For example if a vanilla builder wants to slightly modify a build they have created, but have found that the core block is in a place where they don't want it to be, they have to totally rebuild the machine, in order to move the core block. I personally like to use the coreblock as an integral part of my machines as it uses one less block, but if I want to change the machine, I essentially have to start over, which is a real pain.

The core block could be introduced as a place-able block, in the building tool menu, and could be allowed to be deleted, and then replaced in the new desired location. For level completion all builds would require a max of one core block, as the base game currently does. If a creator deletes the coreblock, and does not replace the block, the machine will not be able to beat levels legally.

I'm well aware there are mods that enable you to solve this issue, I just feel it would be a nice addition which could encourage more vanilla machines :)

Thoughts?

Shade

Nice idea!
How about, you can not delete a starting block, but when you place a new starting block, the old starting block gets removed automatically

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
You could just delete it from the .bsg file, I think?

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
thats not vanilla, ITR
No, but it's easy to do without mods installed. It seems weird just to add something for the novelty of calling something completely vanilla, right?

No, but it's easy to do without mods installed. It seems weird just to add something for the novelty of calling something completely vanilla, right?
I see what you mean, I will have a look at bsg editting for the time being, but if builders have more options for vanilla creations, hopefully more people will build. Currently ever single popular builder uses mods to build, it would be nice if that weren't necessarily the case, people who haven't put 500 hours plus into the game don't really upload creations, because vanilla besiege is much more restrictive (I like my sandboxes to be a bit restrictive). Core block placement would just streamline the game a little, IMO