Contest: Besiege CombatBots Multiverse (Now with arena!)

What do you think about this contest?

• Dont like it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Boring

• YES FINALLY

• Total voters

Sanpyr

Hahaha nice to hear that you are enthausiastic for this contest. The skin would be a nice step upwards to making this a more proffessional BattleBot contest. It would be be a nice feature in multiverse for admins to select the allowed blocks and their limits. This would probably be up to the devs or someone who likes to make a mod for it. I've been looking into creating the mod myself but im not (yet) that familiar with scripting in Unity.
an easier thing to do would be to open the .bsg file, and control-F for any block ids that aren't allowed.
as for the having allowed blocks or limits, this probably won't be possible because 1. the devs already have block limits, nobounds 'gets around this', and mods probably won't work serverside, everyone playing would have to have the mod themself

why are water cannons banned?
a̶l̶s̶o̶,̶ d̶o̶ s̶t̶e̶e̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ h̶i̶n̶g̶e̶s̶ (̶n̶o̶t̶ s̶t̶e̶e̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ b̶l̶o̶c̶k̶s̶)̶ h̶a̶v̶e̶ l̶i̶m̶i̶t̶s̶ o̶n̶ s̶p̶e̶e̶d̶?̶
Unbanned! they turned out quite handy, but they can only be used on weapons that stay attached so no projectiles, sorry ;0

Cool! But I'd specify the weight in the weight units besiege uses currently (in the info tab, it says number of blocks and mass now!)

Also, there's indeed block bans in Multiverse. If you load in a machine that has those, they will appear red/faded and you'll have to delete them before you can start.

Cool! But I'd specify the weight in the weight units besiege uses currently (in the info tab, it says number of blocks and mass now!)

Also, there's indeed block bans in Multiverse. If you load in a machine that has those, they will appear red/faded and you'll have to delete them before you can start.
Where does it display the mass then? it gives the amount of clusters, blocks used and object count.

and yes have just found out about the bans too!
Thanks for the tips!

Sanpyr

water cannons back :D
also, once mods work again, I might upgrade rainmaker or make a new machine, since I've learned some awesome weapons (ORBITAL RING OF DEATH FTW)
also you are lucky that you've set hard limits on power (you should do that for the shrapnel cannon if you haven't already, since 100,000 power cannons are feasible (I call them voidcannons)

water cannons back :D
also, once mods work again, I might upgrade rainmaker or make a new machine, since I've learned some awesome weapons (ORBITAL RING OF DEATH FTW)
also you are lucky that you've set hard limits on power (you should do that for the shrapnel cannon if you haven't already, since 100,000 power cannons are feasible (I call them voidcannons)
Oh forgot that shrap canons also had a power slider.
orbital ring of death sounds very interesting hahahhhah, looking forward!

Sanpyr

Oh forgot that shrap canons also had a power slider.
orbital ring of death sounds very interesting hahahhhah, looking forward!
yeah shrapnelguns had it added in 0.6, since you can copy power from cannon type to cannon type that means power 4 water/regular cannons are possible without mods/besiege editing

Botname: Bigpantser (TESTBOT)
Block count: 313
Weight: +- 185 BS
Weapon: None

Drive: 4 internal wheels, tanksteer.
Topspeed: sucks haha

Summary: This bot is a good test to see if your weapon does good damage. Also great for testing flippers or control type bots.

Advantage: Lots of armor

Disadvantage: No weapon

bigpantser.png

That is a minimal value for the weight. The total bounds are 20 to 0.1, so i dont see any reason why you shouldnt make a ballast gun :)
Apart from the fact that it is very limited and probably not very effective. Aiming up is pretty hard too.
No, no, if a ballast's weight is put around 0.02-0.05 and attached to a decoupler, it can be very effective if used right, kinda op almost.
That's what I was getting at.

Last edited:
No, no, if a ballast's weight is put around 0.02-0.05 and attached to a decoupler, it can be very effective if used right, kinda op almost.
That's what I was getting at.
ah i see, it sure flies fast but it has very little energy transfer. It works well for peasants and houses but not so good against other machines i think.
How would it be more effective?

ah i see, it sure flies fast but it has very little energy transfer. It works well for peasants and houses but not so good against other machines i think.
How would it be more effective?
Well, I never tried it on other machines, if you angle it right, you can actually break the brick walls, the ones you could normally only break with an explosion.

EDIT: either something was changed in the updates recently or it was just a lucky shot/fluke.

Last edited:
Hey all, I will be posting serveral bots on my steam page in the coming days for some inspiration and fun!

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198305974892/myworkshopfiles/?appid=346010

With today: BOXIC and DOZER (Ruined the thumbnail on dozer so will fix that soon but steam my isnt working properly)
BOXIC, The Spinner Killer: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1304932519
Besiege_02_18_2018_12_22_43.png

DOZER, The HighSpeed Drum: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1304944443
Besiege_08_06_2017_09_13_43.jpg

I want to do some test rounds in the current arenas and have some fun! If you want to join me please go ahead!

Im also looking for a different way to communicate as the forum is rather innactive sadly :'(