Contest: Besiege CombatBots Multiverse (Now with arena!)

What do you think about this contest?

• Dont like it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Boring

• YES FINALLY

• Total voters
Botname: DatBar
Block count: 280
Weight: +- 200 BS
Weapon: 60 BS Overhead Horizontal Spinning bar with a tip speed of 100 m/s and 165 in turbo mode. Packs about 1224120 joules of energy and spins up in 4 seconds.

Drive: 4 internal wheels, tanksteer.
Topspeed: 26,1 m/s (93,96 km/h)

Summary: Datbar is a very powerful machine with his weapon covering 360 degrees around the bot. It can easily plow his way trough nearly all beasiege builds or even explode them in a pile of rubbish. The body itself is very rigid and has loads of redundancy to take very big forces. It is kinda sluggish but the weapon makes up for that.
As a backup weapon and to stop other bots from getting underneath it has a very low wedge which is flush to the ground.

DatBar will probably win with one devastating blow or lose by destroying itself.

Advantage: No one can touch the bot without touching the weapon, very low to the ground, Extremely rigid.

Disadvantage: Reliability: The weapon bar breaks when it hits a very hard or curved surface like the world itself. The bar can bend so far that it can hit the body.

Besiege_08_06_2017_09_12_10.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Sanpyr

Nicee entry!! loads of weapons and modulairity.
The hovercraftmode is no problem as the limit is 100 meters per second.
I will upload a few of my bots so you can kinda test it against others.

What is the object explorer btw? hahaha
the object explorer (pic below) is a feature in the developer edition of spaar's Modloader, it has a bunch of information for devs, and you can modify stuff
ObjectExplorer.png

Oh @Sanpyr your vacuum blocks are extremely strong: they can totally bug out on parts when they are too close :'(
If you make them 10 strong then you will be the first robot to be accepted! Are you okay with that?

Sanpyr

also if possible, I 'upgraded' RAINMAKER, after some 'tests' with your machine.
I made a lot of weapons more short-range, made the cannons actually useful, and added a new weapon: Thunderbolts.
Thunderbolts are completely 1-use, but they deal much more damage than the rain.
I also completely maximized the potential for RAINMAKER, it has 299 blocks now.

Attachments

Last edited:

Sanpyr

by the way, I hope you have either 1. a beast pc, or 2. someone who has a beast pc, cause with just 'datbar' and RAINMAKER it runs about as fast as the development of half life III.

by the way, I hope you have either 1. a beast pc, or 2. someone who has a beast pc, cause with just 'datbar' and RAINMAKER it runs about as fast as the development of half life III.
Hahahaha thats not very fast tho, but yeah i have quite a beast laptop, i can run them both at 90% and have 60 fps.
Normally when im fighting bots on my own I run it at 75% because some of the bots (the ones with loads of moving parts or with intercepting braces) lag more then others. I keep getting crazy over why besiege has such a bad performance while not even using a quarter of my laptops rescources. I guess its the unity engine...

Sanpyr

Hahahaha thats not very fast tho, but yeah i have quite a beast laptop, i can run them both at 90% and have 60 fps.
Normally when im fighting bots on my own I run it at 75% because some of the bots (the ones with loads of moving parts or with intercepting braces) lag more then others. I keep getting crazy over why besiege has such a bad performance while not even using a quarter of my laptops rescources. I guess its the unity engine...
you could try using Task Manager to set its priority higher, also pretty sure besiege has a fps cap (probably changeable with resource hacker, but I imagine if you set it high it glitches)

Sanpyr

P.S, what if there was a official BattleBot Skin pack?
I can model (decently I guess, don't expect some insane models though, and I can do textures in GIMP 2 (I'm better in GIMP than I am in blender, but don't expect me to recreate the mona lisa pixel-per pixel)

EDIT: some ideas: non-allowed blocks are colored red (easier to find non-allowed blocks),
start block has logo on it (not sure if this would be the actual battlebot logo, or something specific to besiege), and maybe some color changes for some other blocks

P.S, what if there was a official BattleBot Skin pack?
I can model (decently I guess, don't expect some insane models though, and I can do textures in GIMP 2 (I'm better in GIMP than I am in blender, but don't expect me to recreate the mona lisa pixel-per pixel)

EDIT: some ideas: non-allowed blocks are colored red (easier to find non-allowed blocks),
start block has logo on it (not sure if this would be the actual battlebot logo, or something specific to besiege), and maybe some color changes for some other blocks
Ah that can be quite helpfull yes, I can do 3d modelling too but in CAD so not game related. Not sure if autodesk inventor has a tool for that.
So you're suggesting to make a skin to help with building rather than actual looks if I understand right?
Maybe it would be an idea to print the limits on a block too. Makes it hella easier to build according to the rules.

Oh and how did you return the mass of a machine with the object explorer, I get what it does but i could not figure the mass thing out.

Sanpyr

Ah that can be quite helpfull yes, I can do 3d modelling too but in CAD so not game related. Not sure if autodesk inventor has a tool for that.
So you're suggesting to make a skin to help with building rather than actual looks if I understand right?
Maybe it would be an idea to print the limits on a block too. Makes it hella easier to build according to the rules.

Oh and how did you return the mass of a machine with the object explorer, I get what it does but i could not figure the mass thing out.
yeah, the skinpack would be for building, some blocks might be hard to put text on but maybe, to get the mass, you go to the machine section of the object explorer, photo here:
upload_2017-11-6_13-55-0.png

Sanpyr

also, if pbp2 or another mod gets block colors working again before the battle starts, I will 1. release a skin pack for making colored blocks look good, and 2. color my bot to the max

also, if pbp2 or another mod gets block colors working again before the battle starts, I will 1. release a skin pack for making colored blocks look good, and 2. color my bot to the max
Hahaha nice to hear that you are enthausiastic for this contest. The skin would be a nice step upwards to making this a more proffessional BattleBot contest. It would be be a nice feature in multiverse for admins to select the allowed blocks and their limits. This would probably be up to the devs or someone who likes to make a mod for it. I've been looking into creating the mod myself but im not (yet) that familiar with scripting in Unity.

Sanpyr

Hahaha nice to hear that you are enthausiastic for this contest. The skin would be a nice step upwards to making this a more proffessional BattleBot contest. It would be be a nice feature in multiverse for admins to select the allowed blocks and their limits. This would probably be up to the devs or someone who likes to make a mod for it. I've been looking into creating the mod myself but im not (yet) that familiar with scripting in Unity.
an easier thing to do would be to open the .bsg file, and control-F for any block ids that aren't allowed.
as for the having allowed blocks or limits, this probably won't be possible because 1. the devs already have block limits, nobounds 'gets around this', and mods probably won't work serverside, everyone playing would have to have the mod themself

why are water cannons banned?
a̶l̶s̶o̶,̶ d̶o̶ s̶t̶e̶e̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ h̶i̶n̶g̶e̶s̶ (̶n̶o̶t̶ s̶t̶e̶e̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ b̶l̶o̶c̶k̶s̶)̶ h̶a̶v̶e̶ l̶i̶m̶i̶t̶s̶ o̶n̶ s̶p̶e̶e̶d̶?̶
Unbanned! they turned out quite handy, but they can only be used on weapons that stay attached so no projectiles, sorry ;0

Cool! But I'd specify the weight in the weight units besiege uses currently (in the info tab, it says number of blocks and mass now!)

Also, there's indeed block bans in Multiverse. If you load in a machine that has those, they will appear red/faded and you'll have to delete them before you can start.