Color saturation option, Snowy mountain ranges

Discussion in 'Besiege: Suggestions Ideas' started by Ross, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Ross

Ross Member

Right now, you can adjust the hue of a hill or basic shape, but not the color saturation. It may seem like a small detail, but if you want to add terrain to a sunny Ipsilon environment, there's no way to make the hills blend in with the white ground.

EDIT: I figured out that it can be done manually by entering the hex code of the exact color you want, but to make it blend in with the flat white, you'd also have to get rid of the yellow markings on the hill. Getting it to blend in with a grassy surrounding environment presents a similar problem.

It would also be nice to have mountain ranges like in the Tolbrynd environment, skinned like the snow-capped Ipsilon Mountains (with the sunny skybox, too). I know there are small individual mountains that can be skinned that way, but they don't lend themselves to climbing as well. With snow-capped mountain ranges, greenery could be added around the bases, and wind and clouds could be added to the top, to make it feel like you've scaled a great height to get there. Environmental aesthetics have always been a strong point of Besiege, so I think this addition would be a significant one.

As with all of my suggestions, any feedback is appreciated.

2. Shade

Shade Active Member

i agree, we need the disable texture options not just normal primitives but also textured primitives including hills.
    the saturation option are nice, but it won't complete with value option as you need value slider to make darker colors.

3. Ross

Ross Member

That's true, I forgot about the 3rd color parameter. Alternatively, they could let us adjust RGB values independently, which I would find more intuitive. Bat at least entering the hex color code gives a way around that, even if it is inconvenient. Not being able to control the texture is the real setback. plain, grassy, and snowy, texture options for hills and mountains would really open up the possibilities for varied climates and atmospheres.