Changing resolution - small UI

Discussion in 'Besiege: Support' started by krooboy, Jun 12, 2017.

1. krooboy

krooboy New Member

I bought this game a year ago and asked on the forums at the time about changing the resolution and was told that support for different resolutions was being worked on. I started the game up today though and nothing has changed - changing the resolution in the options menu still just pixellates or sharpens the UI, rather than actually scaling anything.

All the UI and text within the levels is unreadable and I can't even get past the first few tutorial steps without straining my eyes. I use a desktop with a larger screen than most laptops - is this why? I have tried changing the resolution Windows uses in the system options but this doesn't change anything in the game either.

2. ITR

ITR l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ Staff Member

Changing the resolution in the menu should change the window-size, are you saying that's not the case?

There's no option for changing the UI size though, but I could try to make a quick mod to do that for you?

3. krooboy

krooboy New Member

If in windowed mode, yes it changes the window size, in fullscreen it just changes the quality basically. Mainly I'm just confused about why this isn't an issue for others? Might be hard to tell from the screenshot, but the text in the tutorial box in the left is completely unreadable without putting my face right up to the screen. What is different about my setup that is causing this - a mod shouldn't be needed surely (as appreciated as the offer is). I haven't noticed many others complaining of this issue besiege.jpg

4. krooboy

krooboy New Member

The text that says first build wooden...something... in particular seems to be so scaled down that it becomes pixellated at my screen resolution (1024x768)

5. ITR

Hmm, yeah, for me it looks better than that even on my 1280X1040 screen (first two pics is from my 1920X1080 screen) http://imgur.com/a/kYV4V
    I think it might scale slightly with the window-size, so maybe it just doesn't work well with the screen-resolution you have?

6. krooboy

krooboy New Member

That's what I was afraid of - seems odd though, I know it's not such a common resolution for new laptops/monitors these days but loads of old screens still use it, I would have expected more complaints/effort put into a fix for this given that it was acknowledged by devs a year ago. Disappointing as the game looks really fun but haven't even been able to finish the tutorial. If you do think a mod would be the best solution, I'd definitely be grateful for anything you were able to make :)

7. ITR

The tutorial isn't much:

Page 1: First build some wooden blocks onto the source-cube
    Page 2: Next, select some wheels, [image] and attach them wherever you please [image]
    Page 3: Place your machine on the ground with [image]
    Page 4: Press [image] then accelerate using [image]

8. krooboy

krooboy New Member

Changing the system resolution to 1280x960 does actually make most things readable apart from the tutorial - I assumed I'd be missing out on more than that haha, thanks for letting me know. A bit annoying changing the system resolution every time I play/stop playing but I think it will work OK. Thanks for your help