Cannot upload anything to steam workshop (nor update existing items)

Exactly what the title says. Trying to upload anything to the workshop ends with an in-game steam popup saying "Unexpected Error, please try again later"

This often yields a blank item with no name being uploaded to the workshop. It "weighs" nothing, has no image, just nothing.

I can still download other machines. Restarting PC or steam didn't work. Pls halp.

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
I had this problem once, turned out to be a folder that the game didn't have permission to make. I'll check what it was named when I get home.

In the mean-time, make sure that no subfolders of your "Steam" folder are marked as "Read Only"

@ITR I f*cking love you. It works. I unmarked anything marked as read-only in the Besiege folder and it works.
Thanks a lot for the reply, I'll forward this to another dude that had the same problem!

I had this problem once, turned out to be a folder that the game didn't have permission to make. I'll check what it was named when I get home.

In the mean-time, make sure that no subfolders of your "Steam" folder are marked as "Read Only"
Can give me simple intructions , because im having a hard time

ITR

Staff member
Can give me simple intructions , because im having a hard time
Right click your Besiege_Data folder, choose properties.

At the bottom of the window that pops up there's a checkbox next to a text that reads "Read Only"

If there is a blue square or checkmark in the checkbox, press it until it's empty, then apply.

Right click your Besiege_Data folder, choose properties.

At the bottom of the window that pops up there's a checkbox next to a text that reads "Read Only"

If there is a blue square or checkmark in the checkbox, press it until it's empty, then apply.
Do you know how to do it , on a mac?

Exactly what the title says. Trying to upload anything to the workshop ends with an in-game steam popup saying "Unexpected Error, please try again later"

This often yields a blank item with no name being uploaded to the workshop. It "weighs" nothing, has no image, just nothing.

I can still download other machines. Restarting PC or steam didn't work. Pls halp.

Every time I try to unmark it as read only it tell I don't have permission then when I click ignore it marks itself again

ITR

Staff member
Every time I try to unmark it as read only it tell I don't have permission then when I click ignore it marks itself again
Try doing it with administrator permissions

when i uncheck readonly for folders,there isnt a checkmark before unchecking but a square, and when i uncheck it and press ok and then go into the folders properties again the square is on read only again

ITR

Staff member
Square means some of the subfolders are set to read-only. If it goes back to a square I guess they get set back to read-only again somehow, strange. Did you make sure none of the subfolders were open in any programs? That shouldn't matter but might be good to try just in case.

ITR

Staff member
Try pressing "Apply" instead of "OK"