Button blocks and simple logic blocks

Discussion in 'Besiege: Suggestions Ideas' started by DOKTERDOYLE, Nov 1, 2017.

?

Should this be implemented?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. Yes, but just the buttonblock

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes, but it has to feature...(Insert something)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No, it is too modern

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. DOKTERDOYLE

DOKTERDOYLE Member

I would like to see something like a button block (or preasure block) and logicblocks in besiege.

Button block: a placable button block which can be pressed by anything with mass and then have that button activate things like wheels, hinges, spinning blocks.
    And then instead of binding to buttons on your keyboard you can bind objects to the button block. This basically comes down to a simplified version of the automatron mod but then more midieval and more suitable for vannilla besiege.

Logic blocks: Blocks like AND-, OR- and XOR- blocks who can be used with the button block.
    This makes it possible to make smarter machines which can "react" to their envoiriment.

Maybe more?: Next to buttons it can feature things like switch blocks or counter blocks or timer blocks etc

Maybe it can also blend in with the coming multiverse which will feature the logic tool, for instance:
    Spawned troops do not attack until the button on the lead machine is pressed.

The whole idea would create endless possibilities and it wil also kinda fit in the midieval style of the game (Will it tho?).

Sanpyr likes this.
  2. Sanpyr

Sanpyr Member

3. DOKTERDOYLE

DOKTERDOYLE Member

Hahahahaha thats axactly what I thought yes. As logic gates and switches basically make up computers, someone will probably make an actual computer or something :'')

4. Sanpyr

Sanpyr Member

the funny thing is, the basis for a actual computer in besiege already exists, made by Neon Diflouride, you can find the guide at http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=902367659.
    Seriously, though, I like the button idea, but how would you bind objects to button blocks/logic blocks?
    also, this sort of thing could fit in medieval times, the Antikythera mechanism was made before the medieval period even began (not that besiege is technologically in the middle ages, it has vacuums (invented in the mid-1800s) and shrapnel cannons (invented in 1784)

5. DOKTERDOYLE

DOKTERDOYLE Member

I thought of binding them to object just like with the keyboard: We place a Wheel and a button block. We open the settings for the wheel and click on forward. But instead of clicking a key on the keyboard we click the button block (with the mouse) and it takes the id of that button. Now the wheel settings are : Forward -> Button1, Backwards -> Back arrow.

Neon keeps surprising me, the builds are amazing and well thought out. I have used some parts of this build myself for an attempt to make sensors for stuff.

There are more lets say "medieval" machines who have like a pressure input. Easy example: Old catapults where launched by a pull to a lever or something like that. We simply cant do that physically in besiege but with a physical button/sensor block we can. (Imagine peasants building catapults and activating them, the game suddenly turned way harder).

6. Sanpyr

Sanpyr Member

lever controlled catapults are impossible? that sounds like a challenge :p.
    anyways, good idea, thanks for clarifying about the binding

7. DOKTERDOYLE

DOKTERDOYLE Member

Hhahahah no it's defenitely not impossible but it becomes way harder when an incoming tree or peasant has to activate it Hahahahah.
    Another buiding challange incomming...

8. DOKTERDOYLE

DOKTERDOYLE Member

Sanpyr likes this.