Building A Real-Time Clock: Help needed in gear reduction

I just bought Besiege a week ago after trying it out through my friend's steam. Not wanting to start off small I went and built an Ackerman steering car with suspension and returnable steering and now I wanted to try and build a real-time clock after reading this guide, http://forum.spiderlinggames.co.uk/...als-arbitrary-gear-reductions-made-easy.1125/

However, after constructing the 60 reduction gear using 4 and 32 reduction gears, I hit a snag. I needed the source to run at 1/60 rpm, obviously (or gear speed 1/120 since the gears revolve at 120 rpm on 1x). but the settings accept two decimal places, not repeating decimals or fractions. After an embarrassing long time with desmos, I managed to get a gear speed of 5/100 with a reduction of 1/3 to equal 1/60.

Now I just need a gear reduction of 1/3 and I'm done with the second and minute hand. The best I've managed was using a reduction of 1/6 and 1/4. However, 1/6 is not a multiple of two so I need either a better reduction of 1/3 or a reduction 1/6, and I can't find either of them.. I don't even know how to write an equation for this. I suppose I could write a script.. but I'm way too lazy to do that, so I decided to try my luck on the forums.

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
I just bought Besiege a week ago after trying it out through my friend's steam. Not wanting to start off small I went and built an Ackerman steering car with suspension and returnable steering and now I wanted to try and build a real-time clock after reading this guide, http://forum.spiderlinggames.co.uk/...als-arbitrary-gear-reductions-made-easy.1125/

However, after constructing the 60 reduction gear using 4 and 32 reduction gears, I hit a snag. I needed the source to run at 1/60 rpm, obviously (or gear speed 1/120 since the gears revolve at 120 rpm on 1x). but the settings accept two decimal places, not repeating decimals or fractions. After an embarrassing long time with desmos, I managed to get a gear speed of 5/100 with a reduction of 1/3 to equal 1/60.

Now I just need a gear reduction of 1/3 and I'm done with the second and minute hand. The best I've managed was using a reduction of 1/6 and 1/4. However, 1/6 is not a multiple of two so I need either a better reduction of 1/3 or a reduction 1/6, and I can't find either of them.. I don't even know how to write an equation for this. I suppose I could write a script.. but I'm way too lazy to do that, so I decided to try my luck on the forums.
You can use up to 7 digits, it just doesn't get displayed.