Bug pieces values too high on Linux

Discussion in 'Besiege: Bug Reports' started by Darias, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Darias

Darias New Member

Hi everyone, don't know if this is posted yet, I searched but I didn't find nothing.

When I load a machine all values of all pieces have ridicolously high levels
    http://imgur.com/a/ppTZd

I use Elementary Os 0.4, kernel 4.4.0-45-generic

2. ITR

ITR l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ Staff Member

Can you share the .bsg file of these machines? Does it happen with all machines, or just the ones you create? Try reinstalling besiege

3. Darias

Darias New Member

It happens with all I've created and also one I have in steam workshop. The same problem happens in Kubuntu 16.04 and already reinstalled twice

Attached Files:

4. ITR

Oooh, wait, I think I see why, I think your computer uses ',' for decimals, try switching that or making it use '.' for Besiege.

5. Shade

Shade Active Member

awesome bug :eek:

6. Ubus

Ubus New Member

How to fix this? how do you change it only for one application?

7. ITR

I wouldn't know, I guess either change the system locale before playing the game and turn it back afterwards or have some script that changes it for you.
    Or you could try to see if you can change just the decimal point settings

8. Ubus

Ubus New Member

I guessed the same, so not very helpful, a script would be good, but I cant code that well,
    could there be a way to just determine witch settings a linux based system is using and convert it in game while loading? that would be good.

9. Von

Von Administrator Staff Member

I've spoken with one of the developers are he recommends running the game under the command "LANG=en_GB.UTF-8 ./Besiege.x86_64". He can also go to properties -> launch options and put in "LANG=en_GB.UTF-8 %command%"

He believes that should solve the issue for you.

10. Ubus

Ubus New Member

Thanks, it really worked! but would be good to have known that earlier though. :)

11. ricardorover

ricardorover New Member

Hi, I had the same problem and using (properties -> launch options and put in "LANG=en_GB.UTF-8 %command%") worked, thanks.
    I'm using Linux Mint 18.2, with locale as pt_BR.UTF-8. It would be nice to fix that to avoid the need of using this workaround.

12. chlue

chlue New Member

Hello,
    just want to state that I have the same issue. (Debian testing, german locale). Workaround seem to work fine at first glance, but if you don't already know this issue from other games (in my case kerbal) it is hard to realize what goes on. I was pretty sure what the issue is when I saw the rotation speed from the loaded craft (see screenshot).

Attached Files:

13. Sanpyr

Sanpyr Member

are you using mods?