Blow up balloons

like normal balloons but when you place them they are just a box and don't do anything but when you press a key they come out of the box and get blown up like normal balloons. They should also have adjustable buyoancy(like normal ones)

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
Goran10 said:
like normal balloons but when you place them they are just a box and don't do anything but when you press a key they come out of the box and get blown up like normal balloons. They should also have adjustable buyoancy(like normal ones)
Couldn't you just place pistons above them, or connect decouplers connected to ballasts?

ITR said:
Couldn't you just place pistons above them, or connect decouplers connected to ballasts?

I'm pretty sure if you put ballasts on top of balloons, or some other contraption to keep them down - they still add upward thrust or at least take some of the mass.
If the idea is to add a way to inflate and deflate the balloons with a key or something, then +1 :)

lDiverse said:
I'm pretty sure if you put ballasts on top of balloons, or some other contraption to keep them down - they still add upward thrust or at least take some of the mass.
If the idea is to add a way to inflate and deflate the balloons with a key or something, then +1 :)
yeah thats what i mean

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
lDiverse said:
It makes no sense in a physics sense though, the stuff you fill the balloons with has to be somewhere too, and would give just as much upwards force before the balloons were blown up.
Unless we do some splitting and fusing of atoms I guess. Or we could get a hot-air balloon.

ITR said:
It makes no sense in a physics sense though, the stuff you fill the balloons with has to be somewhere too, and would give just as much upwards force before the balloons were blown up.
Unless we do some splitting and fusing of atoms I guess. Or we could get a hot-air balloon.

Theres truth to what you're saying,
A. We could argue that the air is being compressed into a smaller area, therefore the buoyancy would be less therefore would in fact allow for this.
B. As you said, hot air balloons are a thing which is based on the heating of air, if the block cooled and heated the balloon it would do a similar thing.

So yes it would work with real life physics, if that's what were getting into.