Block Spawners [Spaar`s Modloader BETA]

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
Allows you to spawn blocks at the push of a button!
To install, just Install spaar's modloader, then put the dll at bottom inside your "Mods" folder!

How To Use:

Let's say you have a machine like that. Open the console with ctrl+K.

Open a block with the keymapper, then write "ToggleCurrent left_shift" into the console.
This will make it a spawner that opens with left shift, but you can obviously change left shift to any other key as well.

Now, start the simulation, then press left shift to spawn a new block (don't worry, a they disappear if you end the simulation)

Make sure the blocks have moved far enough to not spawn inside other blocks.

If you want the blocks to spawn relative to the machine, write "LinkCurrent bgeL0".

"bgeL0" is usually the starting block. If you want to link the spawner to a different block, open the block with the parameter tuner, then write "checkcurrent" to find out the name. (ignore what's in the parentheses).
Extra notes from below about the second command:
The second command makes the spawn position move alongside a different block.

Let's say you have an awesome rocket launcher, which for some reason can move. You have used this mod on the rockets that it fire, so that it can spawn a new one when the old one is used.
Without the second command, if you moved the rocket launcher during the simulation, the rocket would still spawn in the same place.
If you use the command, the rockets would spawn wherever the launcher was moved to, even if it's rotated.

Now, the first argument ("bgeL0"), is just which block the rocket launcher is linked with. Let's say you have two different launchers in the same build, that can move separated. If you used bgeL0, the rocket-spawn-point will move with whichever machine has the starting block attached to it. Therefore, it is better to link the rocket that's supposed to spawn in the launcher without the starting block, to a block that is connected to that machine instead.

The reason there won't be much difference if you link it with another block on the same machine, is because bgeL0 and bsg0 are not moving relative to each other.

And just to be clear, even if the check command says "bgeL0(StartingBlock)" and "bsg0(WOOD)", the argument should be only "bgeL0" or "bsg0". the "()" part is just to show which blocktype the machine is, though I understand that this might be confusing, so I might change this later. (Meaning you have to make sure the block you want to spawn is opened with the keymapper when you write "linkcurrent bsg0" or "linkcurrent bgeL0")
Remember, the console opens with ctrl+k, to see which commands to use, use "help BlockSpawner" and "help [command]", and tab-auto-completion and using the up-key to cycle through previous commands is your friend!

UPDATE: now compatible with the Line Tool, select BlockSpawner in the LineTool GUI, then right click on the block you want to spawn relative to, then the block you want to spawn! (Important, the second block you click is the one that gets spawned)
To remove the pesky line chooser window, type ToggleGUI into the console :3

If you have the LineTool and the Blockloader, all connections made with the linetool will be saved inside the .bsg file!
Just remember to write "recalculate" right before saving if you want the lines to be saved.

Attached Files
BlockSpawnerMod.dll

Deptune

Hi ITR, I'm quite confused by what the second command line used for. For example, after I select a block, and typed LinkCurrent bgeL0(starting block), there is no difference in the consequence if I typed in LinkCurrent bsg0(wood), what the mod generate in these two conditions are the same thing. I mean.....can I select one block by the key mapper tool(like the starting block) and generate a wood on that block's position?

Thx

ITR

Staff member
The chinese one :p

ITR

Staff member
Deptune said:
Hi ITR, I'm quite confused by what the second command line used for. For example, after I select a block, and typed LinkCurrent bgeL0(starting block), there is no difference in the consequence if I typed in LinkCurrent bsg0(wood), what the mod generate in these two conditions are the same thing. I mean.....can I select one block by the key mapper tool(like the starting block) and generate a wood on that block's position?

Thx
The second command makes the spawn position move alongside a different block.

Let's say you have an awesome rocket launcher, which for some reason can move. You have used this mod on the rockets that it fire, so that it can spawn a new one when the old one is used.
Without the second command, if you moved the rocket launcher during the simulation, the rocket would still spawn in the same place.
If you use the command, the rockets would spawn wherever the launcher was moved to, even if it's rotated.

Now, the first argument ("bgeL0"), is just which block the rocket launcher is linked with. Let's say you have two different launchers in the same build, that can move separated. If you used bgeL0, the rocket-spawn-point will move with whichever machine has the starting block attached to it. Therefore, it is better to link the rocket that's supposed to spawn in the launcher without the starting block, to a block that is connected to that machine instead.

The reason there won't be much difference if you link it with another block on the same machine, is because bgeL0 and bsg0 are not moving relative to each other.

And just to be clear, even if the check command says "bgeL0(StartingBlock)" and "bsg0(WOOD)", the argument should be only "bgeL0" or "bsg0". the "()" part is just to show which blocktype the machine is, though I understand that this might be confusing, so I might change this later. (Meaning you have to make sure the block you want to spawn is opened with the keymapper when you write "linkcurrent bsg0" or "linkcurrent bgeL0")

So ..... can it spawn multiple blocks together as a device....like one of the grenade-grabber-rocket "Shrike" missiles I used on my Blackjack mech? And also if I use your NoBounds mod will it save the modified slider value and use that on the spawned blocks?

I answered my own questions....Thanks man. Working on a GUI for this for those of us who hate typing? This is fucking awesome. Already got my mind-gears turning for possible uses besides the obvious ones. All hail ITR ...the Blockromancer!!!

ITR

Staff member
Prevenge said:
I answered my own questions....Thanks man. Working on a GUI for this for those of us who hate typing? This is ****ing awesome. Already got my mind-gears turning for possible uses besides the obvious ones. All hail ITR ...the Blockromancer!!!

If you hate typing, use the tab button :p
I'm thinking of how to make a GUI, hopefully that will be easier than making it save which blocks are spawners >.>

ITR

Staff member
Can't you delete blocks? Or do you mean during the simulation?

ITR

Staff member
Do you mean spawned blocks or just any block?

ITR

Staff member
Though both would be prone to create crashes

ITR

Staff member
FrizB said:
Having trouble with this not showing up in modlist. I am use modloader beta. Is it compatible?
It wasn't, but I've updated it to the newest version now :D