Besiege vehicle engine thread

How do i build a compact engine without powered wheels or cogs? Preferably in the silver areas. sry for crappy mobile design don't have mods. Help appreciated!
Screen Shot 2016-11-13 at 4.08.19 PM.png

you cant my dear
many tried and everyone failed
just don't waste time and use powered wheels
(actually in my engines you can control rpm but it isnt like "with gas pedal", more like throttle in jets and planes)

Last edited:
Im going to go with the steam turbine, but also another question... how do piston engines work? im having trouble making a piston powered engine do anything. any suggestions? also thx for the quick reply!

well no.
there are ways involving steam cannons or flying blocks, or hell i've seen even some machines driving with prepetual motion.
Just for fun i've just build this car thingy wich works with steam cannons:
im sure you wanted to be creative etc.
but real life engine slowly accelerates, not instantly, like yours, like powered wheels, like every besiege engine ever created. so there is no point of making engines if they give same acceleration
so please my darling accept it that it cant be done.

and here is an example so you can understand what i mean.

for example
besiege car/engine/powered wheel 0-max in 0.5 - 1 sec.
just car with normal engine (let say 0-100) in 5 - 8 sec.

what i belive magictgboy is trying to make is that slowly accelerating engine, other way there is no point asking for it, cause powered wheels ll do the job.

Well, if everyones tried why isn't there someone making a mod for it? It sounds like a selling idea for the part of the community that tried... even if its just powered anything with simulated torque. But i do get that it isn't possible to create a actual engine.

There are loads of engines on the workshop or besiege downloads (I have a few in my workshop), I would advise getting an engine first tho, then build the car around the engine, take note the, small engines tend to be weak unless they are modded, so you will have to make a light chassis.

Check out these two people, they have loads of engines, you might find one that suits you.
Roycehelion: http://besiegedownloads.com/user/Roycehellion
Or oziboy: http://besiegedownloads.com/user/oziboy

Hope that helped

1. Thank you for the help i much appreciate it :D!

2. If there isn't realistic acceleration, why doesn't someone make a mod? unity has pushed out tons of racing games with sounds, acceleration, gears etc. Im sure someone has the time to make a simple adjustment to the powered wheels code?

(11:24 PM Pacific time) Edit:
I have found a (kinda) solution to my " compact engine problem through the loss of the "no powered blocks idea", i have used spinning blocks to create a (what looks like) an engine. It currently can only go forward and thats it :/.
But as QuextArt stated the powered blocks don't have acceleration, So hopefully i can create a solution for that. But in the meantime i hope this can be a succsesful thread for users in need of similar help :D.

Last edited:
Steam engines actually do have a bit of spin up time, some you actually need a clutch to make a working car so the engine can turnover at first, most engines you will find have a fixed rev speed once they turnover. The best way to model acceleration would be to use a gearbox, but those aren't compact. Building a gearbox would also give you reverse and the ability to stop.

do you know how engine works?
after starting it has stable rpm, but you can control it using gas paddle up to like x6-9 (depends on engine) of the starting rpm, thanks to that you can accelerate car by rising rpm by pressing gas paddle, then changing gear and process repeats,

now i m talking about engine in besiege in which you d be able to rise rpm like in real engine, and it d decrease while you not using gas, just like in real engine. So you should be able to accelerate just on one gear to use second. in your idea gears d only be used to have different speed not to accelerate, cause besiege steam engines we know dont have that realistic acceleration.

just for example
like in video (0:43)
rpm is controlled
in besiege rpm is constant and you cant rise it (yet)!

in besiege engine should have starting rpm, and by pressing gas button it should rise, just like in video, while we have that we can talk about gearbox.

I made an engine in which you can "control" rpm but it doesn't work like with gas peddle ( you can rise/decrease rpm but this value wont change itself, so its constant too)

Last edited:
OK i think i ahev come to the conclusion that: 1. you can have acceleration (0-top in 3 seconds, top being very slow.) but no torque. 2. you can have torque but no acceleration. But i thank you all for helping me come to this conclusion :D!

20170325222427_1.jpg
How might I go about fitting a proper engine into this car while still using the original clutch and still being able to have 4 wheel drive?
Just looking for advice