BarMagnetMod [0.32+] [199]

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
Deptune said:
Oh, so the name of it is simply ...mods? Do you need to specify the blocks ID?
The .rar is named "Mods" so that people don't accidentally create a subfolder in the Mods folder. (meaning you could in theory extract the .rar in the "Besiege_Data" folder). Had forgotten to write block-id, due to sleepinezzz.

Hi ITR,

I tested your BarMagnet block and I have some suggestions:
  1. Invertet colours (blue/red) after inverting North/South pole.
  2. Make possible to add other blocks to both sides of the magnet (North/South pole).
  3. Slider to adjust magnetic force field.
  4. Maybe some small ball magnet (1x1)... for the railgun? I've just created the model but I'm not sure how to make the texture (see attachment).

Attached Files
BallMagnet.zip

ITR

Staff member
MrMcRush said:
Hi ITR,

I tested your BarMagnet block and I have some suggestions:
  1. Invertet colours (blue/red) after inverting North/South pole.
  2. Make possible to add other blocks to both sides of the magnet (North/South pole).
  3. Slider to adjust magnetic force field.
  4. Maybe some small ball magnet (1x1)... for the railgun? I've just created the model but I'm not sure how to make the texture (see attachment).
Oh, right, I wanted to do the reversed texture thing, then forgot XD
Also planning to add more joints, but that hadn't fully come out yet when I started programming it.
I need to calculate how the slider should work first
How would + and - work with a ball? Just have one point be + one -? as if a bar-magnet was strapped inside a ball?

Hmm... actually I think that all I need is only one pole + or - so maybe ball with 'invert' option? I'ts possible to make only one pole?

ITR

Staff member
MrMcRush said:
Hmm... actually I think that all I need is only one pole + or - so maybe ball with 'invert' option? I'ts possible to make only one pole?
That doesn't exist RL :/
I mean, I could make it, but it would be even more incorrect

I now but the problem is that if I have this two poles then the BarMagnet get stuck sometimes inside my 'rail gun barrel' so it's maybe better to have some ball with one pole only.
Anyway it's not possible to set half of the ball to + and another to - for block 1x1? If not so maybe I can make bigger ball and then scale it... we have some mods for that i think. Should I make it bigger for you?

ITR

Staff member
MrMcRush said:
I now but the problem is that if I have this two poles then the BarMagnet get stuck sometimes inside my 'rail gun barrel' so it's maybe better to have some ball with one pole only.
Anyway it's not possible to set half of the ball to + and another to - for block 1x1? If not so maybe I can make bigger ball and then scale it... we have some mods for that i think. Should I make it bigger for you?
I'll probably make a small ball one, though I have a lot of stuff to do, so I don't know when I'll get back to this

Super Great Thanks to Phantom329 for creating the magnet model and texture!

Install Instructions, 1: Install TGYD's Blockloader, 2: Drag the zip below into your "Mods" folder, then unzip it there so that the content goes into the "Mods" folder.

Source: http://pastebin.com/DteS4JVG

Attached Files
Mods.rar
So do I just need to click on the link to TGYD blockloader and then on the .rar link and put them in mods?