Bad Performance | beast laptop

Discussion in 'Besiege: Support' started by joppete, Jun 23, 2017.

1. joppete

joppete New Member

So, I just bough the game today, and i am getting 3 fps whenever i use a workshop creation.
    (yes, it uses the good graphics card)
    My Specs:
    GPU: NVIDEA GeForce GTX 1050 4GB
    CPU: i7-7700HQ 3,8 ghz
    RAM: 16GB DDR4-2133Mhz SODIMM

thanks in advance!
    don't be mean xD i'm kind of a noob at this shit

2. Von

Von Administrator Staff Member

What is the machine that you are trying to use?
    Because Besiege is very physics intense, you may need to lower the timescale slider if you're using a large machine.

joppete likes this.
  3. joppete

joppete New Member

Thanks for the quick response Von :3

They were quite complex creations, like a f-22 jet and a beetle car, dont even think they are that complex. the thing is: a friend of mine tried em aswell,
    his specs are almost the same as mie, maybe a bit worse, but he runs them 60fps no problem.
    So yeah... weird, and yes, when lowering the timescale, it does work nicely, but it's a lower timescale, not really what i want when just driving around.
    and my friend doesn't lower the timescale :p

4. MaxTCC

MaxTCC Member

You mention in the title that you have a laptop. All laptops have an integrated and a dedicated video card. The one you mentioned is your dedicated card, are you absolutely sure the game is using it and not your integrated card? Since it's an NVIDIA, you can easily check which processes are using it (Here's a guide on how to do it: http://ccm.net/faq/41241-nvidia-display-gpu-activity-icon-in-the-notification-area).

Are you running any mods? If so, which? You may have a mod that's lagging your game, can you share a list of the mods you currently have installed?
    And include your output_log.txt file so we can check if there's anything wrong with your game. If you don't know where to find it, go on Steam, right-click Besiege, then "Local Files" and "Browse Local Files". The output log is inside the Besiege_Data folder.

joppete likes this.
  5. joppete

joppete New Member

Hey MaxTCC,

so, if steam workshop creations and textures aren't mods, then I'm not using any mods ;)
    And I did the Nvidia thing, really handy to know, so thanks for that :)
    Screenshot_4.png

output_log.txt is included :)
    thanks for your help man, I appreciate it a lot!
    I would love to play this game smoothly :p

Attached Files: