Automatron (1.1.7) [Besiege v0.45] [spaar's Mod Loader] [ID 410]

I'm going to be setting a bunch of Automatron Challenges in the coming weeks. Here is the response to the first and some details on two more.

I have a really cool suggestion, but I'm not sure if it's possible (maybe coop with Motion Recorder mod?).

Give people to enter the inputs in a simulation. So they start a simulation, press certain keys, and then enter those keys into the automatron automatically, so you don't have to script it all yourself, you just "act" it out. Would make this a great mod for recording challenges.

Good mod regardless, though.

I have been getting an error saying:

Win32Exception: ApplicationName='javaw', CommandLine='-jar "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Besiege/Besiege_Data/Mods/KeySimulator.jar"', CurrentDirectory='

System.Diagnostics.Process.Start_noshell (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo, System.Diagnostics.Process process)
System.Diagnostics.Process.Start_common (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo, System.Diagnostics.Process process)
System.Diagnostics.Process.Start ()
(wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Diagnostics.Process:Start ()
spaar.Mods.Automatron.Actions.ActionPressKey.StartKeySim ()
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
spaar.Mods.Automatron.Actions.ActionPressKey:StartKeySim()
spaar.Mods.Automatron.AutomatronMod:OnLoad()
spaar.ModLoader.Internal.InternalMod:Activate()
spaar.ModLoader.Internal.ModLoader:InitializeMods()
spaar.ModLoader.Internal.ModLoader:Start()

I have 64bit Java installed but I still receive this error message. Could please lend me a hand?

spaar

Origamidude said:
I have been getting an error saying:

Win32Exception: ApplicationName='javaw', CommandLine='-jar "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Besiege/Besiege_Data/Mods/KeySimulator.jar"', CurrentDirectory='

System.Diagnostics.Process.Start_noshell (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo, System.Diagnostics.Process process)
System.Diagnostics.Process.Start_common (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo, System.Diagnostics.Process process)

I have 64bit Java installed but I still receive this error message. Could please lend me a hand?
Can you try this version? It should give some more debug output that might help in diagnosing the problem. thebesieginator had the same problem, but it more or less fixed itself after a reboot and installing Windows updates, so you might try that too if you haven't already.

Would it be possible to make a sensor block, which detects anything in front of it and then for example simulates a key?
That would be so awesome with the automatron :)

*EDIT* - It now works, just had to restart my PC :)

Hey guys! :D

So I don't know, but I'm pretty sure I have gotten something wrong with Java.
I went to the website, downloaded it and installed - it still doesn't recognize Java :(

I got the exact same console error as Origamidude.

I'm currently working on a major rewrite of a large part of my mod (lasers are mostly done, but I'm redoing my multicasting system bc I tried to make a calculator, and it was a lot harder than it should have been) so people might not want to go and try to integrate their mod with mine... I might go make the WIP spec for the new system public on google docs though; I don't want to make something and find that nobody likes it, or it's missing features that should have been in there from the start.

help, i found a bug on the automatron mod. i have 4 automatron blocks with many sequences each. I saved the bsg, but everytime i load, it fails to load 150 other blocks and 2 automatron blocks, nothing works anymore

Sorry it took me forever to reply, life got in the way. How do I close besiege? By just going menu, exit to desktop. Then open up task manager to forcibly close it down, even though there is no indication of it running outside of task manager and the steam library. This can sometimes be several hours later if I haven't forced it to shut down.

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
What other mods do you have installed?

spaar

Loshirai14 said:
help, i found a bug on the automatron mod. i have 4 automatron blocks with many sequences each. I saved the bsg, but everytime i load, it fails to load 150 other blocks and 2 automatron blocks, nothing works anymore
Can you upload the save files this happens with please?

spaar said:
Can you upload the save files this happens with please?
It's fine now. One of the Automatron Blocks is mapped to an invalid key and caused an error that prevents any blocks placed after it to load.

spaar

Just release version 1.1.1! It's just a small update but there are two main things that may be interesting to some people: The first is that the key simulator should rarely if ever keep running after Besiege was closed/crashed. The second one is that the path to your Java installation is now configurable if automatic detection fails. For instructions on how to do this look in the README file, if you need it.

spaar

I messed up the upload of version 1.1.1 and accidentally uploaded the old version again. Should be fixed now, so redownload it to actually get 1.1.1.

Hey Spaar, I love the idea for this mod, but the jar file doesnt seem to be working for me. I have Java installed, but it seems unable to execute the file.
Heres the system diagnostics I get from the console

spaar

Released version 1.1.2 which makes the mod compatible with Besiege v0.3 and also allows you to use fractions of seconds in the Delay action instead of just whole seconds.