Automatron (1.1.7) [Besiege v0.45] [spaar's Mod Loader] [ID 410]

Guess he wants a proximity sensor or range finder block ;). I thought about that too and that was actually what I was gonna dig into. But having done about nothing yet I don't know if it's possible. You (spaar) probably could tell though. I suppose you can do traces and check for hits somehow right ?

Anyways in my opinion for this there should be a Proximity Sensor block (or Range Finder) from which outputs would be made available to your Automatron. If outputs are currently only actions on the blocks themselves then we just trigger events instead. Now I don't know much about the game scructure yet so I will probably say things that are wrong or not entirely correct.

That is actually what I meant before by we're finally going to the right direction. Today there is this. Now think of what happened with GMOD. Know about Expression2 ? Well I'm gonna broadcast a little hint here to those interested in achieving this ultimate goal. The next big step for me (after sensors) is in-game scripting. And why not have it be C# with just a few given helper libraries ? There is a code block in Space Engineers already (using C# btw). Close is the day when fully functional AI battles take play ;). And soooo much more (automated turret-mounted personal hovering defense bots yeah).

EDIT:
And yet I missed that thread before writing this...
http://forum.spiderlinggames.co.uk/...er-mod-v0-53-besiege-v0-27-spaar-s-mod-loader

when I installed this mod in the console I get an error that says
"Could not load Automatron.dll:
ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded."
please help I want to use this mod so bad

also I tried installing another mod that adds a new block to see if that would work the mod was advanced laser mod and yes it's up to date but that didn't work either so I think it has something to do with adding a new block I also got the same exact error message in the console for the advance laser mod

spaar said:
thebesieginator Can you try it using the version attached to this post? If it still doesn't work, there should be some additional information in the error message, so post that here again.
Looks like it's still giving me the same error.

>Win32Exception: ApplicationName='javaw', CommandLine='-jar "D:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Besiege/Besiege_Data/Mods/KeySimulator.jar"', CurrentDirectory=''

>Native Error Code: 2

Here's the output_log if you need that too. I just wanna say thanks a lot for the awesome mods and the help.

Attached Files
output_log.txt

This mod is great and all, but since I added it to my short list of mods, if I close besiege, even though its closed, steam says it's "running" so cant open it. The only way I can get back in is by using task manager to shut down steam and re open it otherwise besiege just keeps "running" even though it isnt running anywhere outside the steam library (checked entirety of task manager, cant find it running so idk). I can only assume its java but im not the best when it comes to diagnosing these things.

spaar

GregBlast said:
Guess he wants a proximity sensor or range finder block ;). I thought about that too and that was actually what I was gonna dig into. But having done about nothing yet I don't know if it's possible. You (spaar) probably could tell though. I suppose you can do traces and check for hits somehow right ?

Anyways in my opinion for this there should be a Proximity Sensor block (or Range Finder) from which outputs would be made available to your Automatron. If outputs are currently only actions on the blocks themselves then we just trigger events instead. Now I don't know much about the game scructure yet so I will probably say things that are wrong or not entirely correct.

That is actually what I meant before by we're finally going to the right direction. Today there is this. Now think of what happened with GMOD. Know about Expression2 ? Well I'm gonna broadcast a little hint here to those interested in achieving this ultimate goal. The next big step for me (after sensors) is in-game scripting. And why not have it be C# with just a few given helper libraries ? There is a code block in Space Engineers already (using C# btw). Close is the day when fully functional AI battles take play ;). And soooo much more (automated turret-mounted personal hovering defense bots yeah).

EDIT:
And yet I missed that thread before writing this...
http://forum.spiderlinggames.co.uk/...er-mod-v0-53-besiege-v0-27-spaar-s-mod-loader
I see. I can look into something like that, but I don't know yet if I will do it.

big9335 said:
when I installed this mod in the console I get an error that says
"Could not load Automatron.dll:
ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded."
please help I want to use this mod so bad

also I tried installing another mod that adds a new block to see if that would work the mod was advanced laser mod and yes it's up to date but that didn't work either so I think it has something to do with adding a new block I also got the same exact error message in the console for the advance laser mod
As Spideric115 said, that sounds like you don't have TGYD's Block Loader installed.

thebesieginator said:
Looks like it's still giving me the same error.

>Win32Exception: ApplicationName='javaw', CommandLine='-jar "D:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Besiege/Besiege_Data/Mods/KeySimulator.jar"', CurrentDirectory=''

>Native Error Code: 2

Here's the output_log if you need that too. I just wanna say thanks a lot for the awesome mods and the help.
Alright, I'll look into this a bit more.

Woodmn said:
This mod is great and all, but since I added it to my short list of mods, if I close besiege, even though its closed, steam says it's "running" so cant open it. The only way I can get back in is by using task manager to shut down steam and re open it otherwise besiege just keeps "running" even though it isnt running anywhere outside the steam library (checked entirety of task manager, cant find it running so idk). I can only assume its java but im not the best when it comes to diagnosing these things.
That's weird. How do you close Besiege when this happens?

spaar said:
I see. I can look into something like that, but I don't know yet if I will do it.
Well I can as well. It's just that I'm still only beginning with Besiege modding right now so will take me a little while before I can do enough to make things like that happen.

spaar

Damn it. Can you try opening a console window the way you did last time, and type "javaw" (without quotes) this time? It should basically do absolutely nothing, just print a blank line and then give you the prompt again. If it says something to the effect that it can't find javaw, then we've found the problem.

Seems like the command prompt isn't having trouble finding it because it prints a blank line and then gives me the prompt again. I know where my java installation is, so is there any way for me to directly tell the mod the path to the exe?

spaar

That's a good idea actually, I can't believe I haven't thought of that yet ^^ I'll make a version ready with that feature.

spaar Is there a limit to the number of lines that will run on one cube? I seemed to be getting spurious results when the number of lines goes above 20 or so and it doesn't go away if I split the job into several cubes. On that note, and if large line numbers are ok, would it be possible to optionally colour or somehow mark individual entries so that when we are looking for errors we know where we are in the process. (like a debug marker type thing)
Other cool stuff would be the ability to copy & paste repetitive groups of commands. Also, how do the frames work? I cant seem to get them to do anything. Other than that everything is great, the mod is amazing thanks.

spaar

FrizB said:
spaar Is there a limit to the number of lines that will run on one cube? I seemed to be getting spurious results when the number of lines goes above 20 or so and it doesn't go away if I split the job into several cubes. On that note, and if large line numbers are ok, would it be possible to optionally colour or somehow mark individual entries so that when we are looking for errors we know where we are in the process. (like a debug marker type thing)
Other cool stuff would be the ability to copy & paste repetitive groups of commands. Also, how do the frames work? I cant seem to get them to do anything. Other than that everything is great, the mod is amazing thanks.
There shouldn't be any limit (except perhaps your RAM...) on the number of actions. If you could send me a machine that exhibits some problem with a larger number of actions, I can investigate that.
The marker, as well as copy&paste, is a good idea. I'll take a look at how to make the editing of actions more pleasant.
I assume you mean the "frames" mode on the Delay action. It should just delay the execution by the specified number of frames instead of by the specified number of seconds. Admittedly, I didn't test this as much as the seconds mode so it's entirely possible there is some bug there if it doesn't work. I'll take a look at it.

spaar so today I booted up besiege and decided to try the key simulator again and it works! I didn't do anything besides rebooting my computer. I tried it last night and it didn't work, but I had to reboot for some updates and now it suddenly works. Anyways thanks so much for the mod, I love it and it's even better with the key simulator.