Automatron (1.1.7) [Besiege v0.45] [spaar's Mod Loader] [ID 410]

spaar

Active Member
#1






The Automatron is a block you can use to automate processes in your machine. It can activate blocks or change their settings, on a set schedule, with a single key press.


You can configure a set of actions for each Automatron. When you activate an Automatron, it will activate each of its actions in order.
These are the actions that are currently implemented:
  • Change Toggle Value
  • Change Slider Value
  • Change Limit Value
  • Delay
  • Press Key
I will add more actions in future version, if there is one in particular you'd like to see, please mention it here!

Documentation
I wrote some documentation that explains how to configure the Automatron and what all of the options of the different actions do. Check there first if you have a question about how any of this works.
The documentation is also included in the download.

Installation
The mod requires spaar's Mod Loader to be installed.
An optional, but highly recommended, dependency is an installation of Java. Without this, the Press Key action will not work.
To install the mod itself, put the contents of the Automatron folder in the .zip archive into the Mods folder. This means that the Automatron.dll and KeySimulator.jar files are placed into the Mods folder itself and the Blocks folder from the archive is merged with the Blocks folder in the Mods folder.
If you have trouble getting the mod to find your Java installation, look in the README.txt file (README.md on GitHub). There are instructions there that should usually resolve these issues.

Contributing
I'm unfortunately not a graphics designer or 3D artist, so the model and texture aren't the greatest in the world.
If you have the necessary skills and would like to help, please get in touch with me!
Should you want to contribute some code to the project, I'd also be happy to accept pull requests on GitHub.
If you need some help to find your way around the codebase, or want to know whether I'd be interested in accepting a particular feature, don't hesitate to ask me!

Source Code & License
The mod is completely open-source, you can find the code on GitHub.
It's licensed under the MIT license, you can find the full license on GitHub and in the download.

Download
The download is hosted using GitHub releases, there's also a direct link to the current version.




Changelog
A complete changelog is available on GitHub and in the download.

Thanks to MaxTCC for helping to test this mod during development and FrizB for suggesting this (more or less, I hope it's what he imagined) on the mod request thread.

I hope this proves useful to some of you and look forward to seeing what crazy machine you can build using this!
 
Last edited:
#4
Hey spaar, when I try to run Besiege with Automatron I get Error from Java Virtual Machine Launcher that says "Unable to access jarfile D:/Program" (message ends like that). Do you know what can cause it or how to fix it? I've installed mod corectly, checked three times ;)
 
#5
Also got something like that in console

Exception: KeySimulator did not respond with proper ok message.
spaar.Mods.Automatron.Actions.ActionPressKey.StartKeySim ()
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
spaar.Mods.Automatron.Actions.ActionPressKey:StartKeySim()
spaar.Mods.Automatron.AutomatronMod:OnLoad()
spaar.ModLoader.Internal.InternalMod:Activate()
spaar.ModLoader.Internal.ModLoader:InitializeMods()
spaar.ModLoader.Internal.ModLoader:Start()
 
#6
I'm getting exactly same messages! I pm'd spaar a short while ago so he is aware of it. I would have posted it here but my details were all over the console pic. Glad I'm not alone here as it probably means he will trace it pretty soon. I removed keysimulator file and the rest of the mod works fine now so I'm just gonna mess about with that until solution is found. Pretty damn cool mod btw yeah?
 

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
#7
Spaar seems to have forgotten to put quotation marks around the path, so paths with space got broken :p
Here's a quick fix for now, until he gets on:

EDIT: removed fix since he fixed it
 

spaar

Active Member
#8
Just released version 1.0.1 which should fix that issue with the key simulator not being able to be started. ITR was spot on with the reason it broke in the first place, thanks to him for providing a temporary fix.
 
#9
Hey awesome mod! Is it possible to trigger it by holding the configured button down? (for example if i configure the Automatron to trigger on F can i simulate a G "hold" as long as i hold F?) . That would be a pretty rad option and really help me in building my super heavy towing device-thingy. (unlocking while moving and automatically locking again)
 

spaar

Active Member
#10
DryTaste said:
Hey awesome mod! Is it possible to trigger it by holding the configured button down? (for example if i configure the Automatron to trigger on F can i simulate a G "hold" as long as i hold F?) . That would be a pretty rad option and really help me in building my super heavy towing device-thingy. (unlocking while moving and automatically locking again)
Hm, I could add an option to trigger the block by releasing a specific key instead of pressing it down. Then you could have two Automatrons, one that triggers when you start holding the key down and one that triggers when you release it again. I think that might be a better option than having it trigger all the time while you hold the key down. Do you think you could achieve what you want using that?
 
#11
spaar said:
Hm, I could add an option to trigger the block by releasing a specific key instead of pressing it down. Then you could have two Automatrons, one that triggers when you start holding the key down and one that triggers when you release it again. I think that might be a better option than having it trigger all the time while you hold the key down. Do you think you could achieve what you want using that?
Thank you for your reply, yeah i think that will do the job. I'd really appreciate it if you want to add an option like that!
 

spaar

Active Member
#14
I just released version 1.1.0! It adds a new action to change the value of limits, for example of the steering hinge. It also adds an option to activate the block on key release instead of on key press (which was the previous behaviour and is still the default).
 
#15
Excellent!

I don't know whether this would be possible, but an action to move a steering hinge to a given angle would be very useful - you could then set up things like aircraft rudders to turn in either direction with a key press, and then centre when the key is released. There may actually be a way to do this with the existing version (I'm still experimenting) but it would be a lot simpler to do it with a single action.
 

spaar

Active Member
#19
AJW said:
Excellent!

I don't know whether this would be possible, but an action to move a steering hinge to a given angle would be very useful - you could then set up things like aircraft rudders to turn in either direction with a key press, and then centre when the key is released. There may actually be a way to do this with the existing version (I'm still experimenting) but it would be a lot simpler to do it with a single action.
I'll take a look at doing something like that, but I don't know if it's possible to do that in a good way.


FrizB said:
Is it possible to enter time values of less than 1 sec?

UPDATE: here are two early attempts at walkers with the Automatron : http://goo.gl/7JGNi0
Currently the delay only accepts integers, mostly because the same code also handles the "frames" option where only whole numbers make sense. I'll make fractions of a second possible in a future update.
 
Top