Automatic logout

It seems that after a number of minutes of no activity, I get logged out automatically. Is there a way of disabling this?

If not, it would be really useful to have something in user settings to either disable or change the non-activity period. Quite a few times it's logged me out while I'm in the middle of writing a lengthy post.

Thanks

Hmmm I don't seem to have that issue... There might be something in the settings.... Although looking at it now, I am not seeing anything. It's a very bizarre behaviour.

Has anyone else come across this issue? Or know of a solution?

In fact, thinking about it, I think it logs me out after a certain amount of time regardless of whether I'm 'idle' or not - sometimes when I'm writing a post, I get an error message about a 'server error' (next time it comes up I'll post the error message here), which I think coincides with when I get logged out automatically - I usually have to log back in and restore post content before I can actually post the reply.

Hmmm Interesting... as I said before, it's not happened to me, and I'd idle for hours... so I don't know... I ask again if it's happened to others.

There's a tickbox in the login dialogue. If I don't tick it, I get logged out in about half an hour. If I do, it stays until I clear my cookies.

Well, there you go. So it does seem vBulletin does have an auto logout feature. Just be aware to tick the 'stay logged in' button

Von

Administrator
Staff member
The auto-logout is set to 15 mins, are you asking for it to be longer or are you saying its not working?

I'm saying I would like an option to turn it off completely :p Or at the very least make it something like an hour instead of 15 mins. It definitely works...

Von

Administrator
Staff member
AxeSlash said:
I'm saying I would like an option to turn it off completely :p Or at the very least make it something like an hour instead of 15 mins. It definitely works...
Ok thanks, I'll look into this.