Automatic copy option

Discussion in 'Besiege: Modding' started by maigrot64, Mar 18, 2017.

1. maigrot64

maigrot64 Member

Hello modders,
    Does a mod exist to automatically copy the settings of a block ? Because when you use a lot a block it's take a long time to copy/paste option block by bock ^^

Thank you

2. Shade

Shade Active Member

you can edit the bsg with notepad and use the replace function to edit a lot of blocks faster

3. maigrot64

maigrot64 Member

Okey thank you but no mod exist ?

4. Shade

Shade Active Member

IIRC @ITR made one but im not sure if its working on the latest version

5. stuChris

stuChris Member

@maigrot64 if you are using any skins, turning them off will help a LOT, skins take a lot more processing than the regular blocks because it is not vanilla to the game.
    also, there is a command for this, CTRL+C to copy, CTRL+V to paste, and also the same corresponding buttons at the top of the selected blocks menu.

6. maigrot64

maigrot64 Member

Yes I know skins use a lot of cpu/gpu i don't use ^^
    I also know for the CTRL+C and CTRL+V ^^
    For exemple when you use a lot a block in a machine, you everytime need to select a block and do CTRL+V for any block and this take long time .. So I think a mod that allow to put setting from one block to all

7. stuChris

stuChris Member

well, that might not work with different blocks :/
    and plus, you can pre-select the skin you want, that way it has it right when you build, so that may help,
    otherwise i cant really help you there, sorry.

8. maigrot64

maigrot64 Member

I think you don't understand .. I'm not talking about skin, I just want for exemple :
    when you move the slider of the ballast for the mass, a button apply this mass for all ballast

9. ITR

ITR l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ Staff Member

The one I made let you choose to have the currently copied settings applied to blocks you place. I could try to update that if you want?

Though it probably would affect all blocks that are deselected by Building Tools too

10. maigrot64

maigrot64 Member

Yes if you can try, I want this mod and I think I'm not the only one to want it ^^

SSsylver likes this.
  11. ITR

ITR l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ Staff Member

12. maigrot64

maigrot64 Member

Thank you I'm gonna try :)