Auto Stabilizing Helicopter Challenge (BE THE FIRST/CHANGE THE GAME)

I'm proposing a challenge/competition to be the first person to create a helicopter that: hovers above the ground, at a constant rate. The helicopter must not rely on input (key mapping) to hover without downward or upward pull. If you figure this out before I do, please PM me the .bsg.

This should be fun.

EDIT: Thank you all so much for sharing your designs. Could you please message me the controls if you get a chance? Thank you. I'm trying to mesh together all of your ideas together to create a breakthrough.

EDIT: NO BALLOONS

I think the controls were mapped to the numb pad. I'm using a laptop without one so il have to look into this later and re-map the settings.

If balloons are allowed, I'll submit my airship. :p Seriously though, I think a helicopter has been asked for, and that is what should be submitted. No balloons, no anchors. Otherwise it isn't much of a challenge.

I found a guide how to do this. it works fascinatingly well with the rotor in achieving constant thrust with no input. If your interested, I can message the guide to you. Still curious about the end result.

My old Apache was perfectly stable while hovering, and could hover at a precise altitude without further input once you tilted the rotors just right. Unfortunately the propeller patch changed everything, and now making a stable helicopter is MUCH harder than it was before. Not sure why...

Change the wheel settings and play with the back rotators to take off:
It's stabile but taking off incorrect can make it instablke.

It's propeller only, no flyer, no wings and no balloons :).

You need to have input ofcourse, but when done right you only have to keep the buttons pressed to keep it in the exact same spot:

ssiegert12 said:
I'm proposing a challenge/competition to be the first person to create a helicopter that: hovers above the ground, at a constant rate. The helicopter must not rely on input (key mapping) to hover without downward or upward pull.
I don't quite understand the specification. Does that mean I'm not supposed to touch the keyboard after the simulation/game started?

Lets say we map to "E" upward thrust and "R" to downward thrust. When the simulation starts, you tap "E" to take off. You must not rely on tapping "E" to hover at a consistent rate above the ground. It must hover in place without the use of any Input, e.g. "E" or "R".