AI Dieing at Random

They die if you keep the "main block" on the ground and they run into it. They also die from friendly fire making some levels rather easy.

I haven't had them kill them selves whilst running into the starter block when it was just sitting there.
Nor have they been killed from friendly fire.

They have however, been killed when the knock the block forward 'squashing' others, or a shot (friendly fire) and knock the block forward killing themselves. No damage is taken from the friendly fire itself, on the act of the block moving and hitting them.

You able to supply more information on what you see? Screenshots perhaps?

Ahhh, I see what you mean now. I was just leaving the main block with nothing else, and seeing what happened. Which is what I described. Are you able to supply the build so I can test this as well?

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
It's not random, just stupid :p
They'll run of cliffs to try at hit you, even if it kills them.

Running into the starting block and dying might have to do with the speed they're running at.

"It's not random, just stupid :p
They'll run of cliffs to try at hit you, even if it kills them. "

Yeah, ive seen this on videos of the sandbox as well.

ITR said:
It's not random, just stupid :p
They'll run of cliffs to try at hit you, even if it kills them.

Running into the starting block and dying might have to do with the speed they're running at.
Mobs in Minecraft had the ai for awhile were they would determine if they could survive a fall enough to still get to you. Before that, they would jump off any height to attempt an attack. The AI will improve with time.

Hmm alright... well I'll add this to my compilation of threads... but I'll probably just put it as not a bug... just because I'm not sure as to wether it's just silly AI/blocks jumping around or what ever... If you suggest otherwise I'll take that into account :)

zodium

Current mobiles are just extremely sensitive. I've seen sheep walking off the tiny cliff-steps on Solomon's Flock (ca. half a sheep's height) explode into a blood shower.

Yeah... it does seem like their health is a little low, but it probably allows the user to easily kill sheep (by just running them over with wheels). It would be an interesting balance between more health and less health (or amount of damage given by things, the falling damage could probably be lowered)

ITR

Staff member
Maybe they're just that fragile since it's the first levels? So that they can make it harder in later levels or something.

zodium

SuburbanSB said:
Actually... solomons flock is zone 13... the 3rd last zone of that area... So one would think it would be harder...?

He means later levels as in "levels to be released later."

Anyway, I don't think the low "HP" on mobiles is a problem. I just wanted to explain why they seem to explode 'at random.'

Von

Administrator
Staff member
zodium said:
Current mobiles are just extremely sensitive. I've seen sheep walking off the tiny cliff-steps on Solomon's Flock (ca. half a sheep's height) explode into a blood shower.

I believe this is by design, suicidal sheep.

ITR

Staff member
Von said:
I believe this is by design, suicidal sheep.
To one of the youtubers I watch's dismay, he wanted to not kill sheep and then they go off and kill themselves XD

ITR

Staff member
Yush :3