A few forum related issues.

OttoNL

Hey,

I'm assuming you're still fine-tuning some forum settings?
I was wondering if it's possible to up the attachment limit a bit. 5 is a bit low in my opinion.
But I understand if you don't want everybody to upload even more then before and fill your server with .bsg's xD

And I just noticed that when you delete a blog post you get a big Pink box with... white? text.
I'm not sure about the color as it's very hard to see and my head doesn't like to look at that box since I have a migraine today.
So maybe that colour could be changed? Not for my head, but for visibility xD

And I just noticed when I made a new topic in the War Machines forum that all my [ b ] and [ / b ] tags were removed.
Are we not allowed to use Bold, Italics and Underlines?
Or just not too many of them? I did use a lot of the Bold tags :p

Cheers,
OttoNL

zodium

I think bold tags are broken still, yeah. Aren't 5 attachments fine? If you need to make a collections thread, make multiple posts instead of putting everything in the OP.

OttoNL

Nvm, you can.. you just can't put attachments in comments on comments.
Everything about this VB skin/layout/whatever makes me feel like a 65 year old.
I've spent hundreds/thousands of hours in several forums, but everything works just slightly different then any forum I've seen before.

zodium

Take heart: It took me two minutes to find out how you were even making those comments. I've just been making replies.

OttoNL

Good to know it's not just me who has to adjust to this forum xD

But yeah in that case 5 attachments is fine.
And if I really want them all in 1 post I can always make links to DropBox files. A little more work, but no biggie.

zodium

Comments and "Reputation" are both things I could do without. Feels a bit like the vB developers took a look at reddit and thought, "Let's add some of that." for vB 5.

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
Comments can just confuse people more easily. +1 for remove

OttoNL

Yea.. when I clicked my profile I saw a butload of posts, so it's not like they have been removed, but somehow under my avatar it said 7 (now 8, after this is posted 9 xD) posts :S

Von

Administrator
Staff member
I believe you can also link to specific posts?

So posting a reply with the attachments and then linking to it in the first post could be a thing. But I'll look into raising the limit.

ITR

Staff member

ITR

Staff member
zodium said:

Grey text on grey background strikes again!
And non-obvious clickable things :p

OttoNL

Woo I got 68 now
If I click my name and select recent posts I only find 67 though.
But I guess it doesn't count a blog entry or something... So it's probably correct now, thanks

And somehow I went down a rank... But so did Von, ITR and Zodium, so I think everybody lost ranks xD