45 degree rotated brace

OttoNL

My machine was rotated 270 deg. Then I put on a brace and it looked like this.
Then I reset rotation and put it back on twice, but still this happened

OttoNL

If I delete the brace and start the brace from the bottom when I click-and-hold I see an octagram, but when I drag to another block and let go it does make a correct brace.

How bizarre.. Are you able to supply the build/recreation steps... (apart from just rotate 270). See if I can look into it before I hit the bed.

OttoNL

Erm there wasn't anything particularly strange about how I built this
I took me mechanical spider from my blog (walk.bsg) and removed part of the wooden legs for balasts (standard weight) and then put some braces in between.
As mentioned before it was rotated around 270 degrees (it said 270 but it can be 269,8 or so I think)

walk.bsg
And as mentioned before, I set rotation back to 0 (with that button, so it's absolutely 0 degrees)
Then I removed it and placed it back and again it was crooked.

However, at first I started the brace on the top and ended on the bottom, but when I did it the other way around the brace got attached the proper way on both ends.

ITR

l̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ֍̫̜̥̭͖̱̟̟͉͙̜̰ͅl̺̤͈̘̰̺͉̳͉̖̝̱̻̠̦͈ͅ
Staff member
If I remember correctly, braces don't really have any collision data, so it wouldn't matter much.
Have you tried saving it, then reloading it?

ITR

Staff member
For turning blocks at an angle, check out the Precision Building Mod :p

Yeah, I know that... but theres also been some odd things happen with angled blocks, without using the mod, and by just turning the machine, then placing blocks...

OttoNL

ITR said:
If I remember correctly, braces don't really have any collision data, so it wouldn't matter much.
Have you tried saving it, then reloading it?

Not yet, will try and replicate the bug and then try to save and load and see what it does.

OttoNL

Just tried to save and load but overwriting failed and I lost my save. FFS.
So now I have to manage to reproduce the bug again before I can test that.
I am, however, uploading some Fraps footage of me placing braces that go on crooked. And I try to add it differently to see if it has an effect.

Should be uploaded in an hour or so.

ITR

Staff member
"Saving and loading does work", as in, "still looks like that", or "get's fixed"?