Search results

1. AJW

Forum bug

Forum bug: Message "Notice: Undefined index: f0d1 in ...\vb\api\content\text.php on line 1" displayed at the top, and the 'Post Reply' and search options won't scroll off the top of the sreen as you scroll down. This happens with Google Chrome in Win 7, and with Firefox in Ubuntu.
  2. AJW

Isn`t it about time this forum actually helped people find mods that work?

I've refrained from commenting on this previously, as obviously the developers don't have a great deal of time (and aren't supposed to be giving active support for mods anyway), and because mods are made by volunteers - who clearly can't be expected to watch the forum 24 hours a day, or make...
  3. AJW

Possibly not my best idea...

The Shrapnel-cannon-turbine dragster. :rolleyes: Not as fast as I'd hoped, and shakes itself apart without invincibility mode. Needs infinite ammo set too, obviously. Uses Fenymac's big slick wheel mod, which currently has some issues - hence the extra unpowered wheels inside the big ones...
  4. AJW

Besiege V 0 2 steam physics weirdness

Having previously defended steam cannon physics from comments originating on Reddit that they are 'nerfed', I have reluctantly come around to the conclusion that they currently have so many issues that it simply isn't worth designing new steam-powered machines. As an illustration, see this...
  5. AJW

`Ezekiel` Gentleman`s Locomotory Viewing Platform

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N0X_Talkqc&feature=youtu.be Just needed the rotation mod to build, plus a little hand bsg tweaking to get it to work. ;) Arrow keys to control. Needs invincibility mode to run, and may sometimes burst a balloon on startup - try again if it does. Please don't...
  6. AJW

[Suggestion] Steam-proof or self-relighting torches and flaming balls

My steam-turbine helicopter would be much more practical if the torches didn't keep going out: :) Seriously though, a mod which stopped torches (and ideally flaming balls as well) from getting extinguished would be useful, for builders of steam-powered contraptions of all kinds. (And before...
  7. AJW

Das Shrapnelspittenbangenpoppenflugmascheinen

My latest creation: Das Shrapnelspittenbangenpoppenflugmascheinen. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSdYhR8lZww&feature=youtu.be My take on the infinite-ammo shrapnel-cannon and flamethrower aircraft concept that has come along with Besiege V 0.2. Not a bad start for a day's work, though it...
  8. AJW

Bobcat steam-turbine four-wheel-drive buggy

With the improvements coming with the 0.2 update, I've finally be able to produce a practical steam-turbine-powered four-wheel-drive buggy. Complete with reversible turbine, three differentials, and working universal joints for the front-wheel-drive...
  9. AJW

An old helicopter design of mine - now with video and bsg file.

I've seen mixed comments regarding the effects of the V 0.2 update on flying machines, so wasn't particularly hopeful when I tried out an old helicopter design of mine - I may have posted screenshots of it before: It now flies beautifully! None of the self-destructive glitching it...
  10. AJW

V 0.2 flaming balls and torches extinguishing too easily

I've been using torches and flaming torches as steam-cannon heaters for several of my contraptions - and have found that the new update seems to have issues with flames going out where they worked fine before. It isn't obvious what the cause of this is - it might possibly be increased...
  11. AJW

My fastest steam turbine vehicle so far

A simple design, using Fenymak's Big slick wheel mod: http://forum.spiderlinggames.co.uk/forum/main-forum/besiege-early-access/modding/30097-big-slick-wheel-spaar-s-modloader-tgyd-s-block-loader-id-270-272 The new turbine gives plenty of low-rev torque and still produces power at high revs -...
  12. AJW

My attempt at a steam-turbine-power 4-wheel-drive buggy.

'Buggy' is possibly the best description. Or at least, 'glitchy'. 478 parts, including 39 gears. 3 differentials. 2 universal joints. Only works at 67% speed at best, in invincibility mode. And moves at a crawl. Until it freaks out... :( I've used fenymak's Big Slick Wheel mod to get the...
  13. AJW

Motorphant

While I continue to work on my steam-turbine powered walkers, here's a conventional powered-gear-driven version. Needs to run in invincibility mode, and glitches out occasionally, but fun to play with. No mods required. It will actually go quite a bit faster if the gear speeds are turned right...
  14. AJW

Steam Turbine powered Quadrupedal Walker!

A quadrupedal walker driven by a steam turbine. Glitchy as heck, and only works in invincible mode, but it shows it can be done. I'm not quite sure why it walks in a circle - probably the turbine exerting a torque or something. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=489tZiGokkA&feature=youtu.be The...
  15. AJW

Ye Styme Draggone - now with added Rocker-Valve Steam Dragon, and bsg files for draggone collection!

Ye Styme Draggone: an horrendous beeste from Besiege! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pcG2GZ48ss&feature=youtu.be A different approach to steam-cannon propulsion. Not particularly fast, but more robust than some of my earlier efforts. No mods. A work in progress - I'll upload the bsg file...
  16. AJW

Steam Piston Beam Engine Locomotive

A locomotive using steam/water cannons for power. :) Slow, unreliable, and liable to self-destruct, but runs without mods, invincibility off. Y then U to start - a bit temperamental, and may run in either direction. Or simply self destruct. :o Shows it can be done though. Attached Files...
  17. AJW

Reciprocating steam cannon engine

An engine using a reciprocating steam/water cannon. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEUcwgq04cg&feature=youtu.be Fully automatic - though it runs in either direction at random. As for why it works, I think the key point is that the cannon takes time to heat up, causing a delay before it...
  18. AJW

Steam-cannon rocket

Just to show it can be done: No mods. Gravity on. The thrust from a steam-producing cannon isn't much more than its own weight, but I've managed to create something that will just about lift off. Not much practical use... Y to launch. Attached Files SteamRocket03.bsg
  19. AJW

Shrapnel-Cannon Bomb-Lobber

I don't know if this has been noticed before - you can use a shrapnel-cannon to launch a bomb. You'd think the bomb would detonate, but it doesn't. Or at least, it doesn't most of the time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Li0j8YAursc&feature=youtu.be Needs more investigation, but here's the...
  20. AJW

The one-of-everything challenge

A little competition for the inventive - or bored. No prizes, except for enduring fame for the winner, who will be written down in history. And quite possibly measured with a theodolite by geographers... Rules: (1) You have one of everything to make something useful. Or at least apparently...